Screw size for remote fob on '96 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
Just for the archives, in case someone else need it someday.

M2 (2mm)

I could only find M2 x 8 locally which is too long. A M2 x 6 would probably be perfect.

I checked all over, the dealer doesn't stock them. Hobby stores only had SAE, I finally went to a larger hardware store (ACE) and they had the M2 x 8.

Seems silly, but I figured it might save someone that knows how to use the search here some driving around.

Charlie

08192-02870, $.42 list. I have 5 at the moment.

I believe there is another part number that might work...

DUCT TAPE

quack quack!

Dan,

You're awesome. Why can't you or someone as talented as you run the parts department up here???

Oh, by the way, the dealer parts guy told me the only way to get it was to buy a $150 remote fob....

Charlie

CharlieS said:
Oh, by the way, the dealer parts guy told me the only way to get it was to buy a $150 remote fob....

Charlie

Nope,

I knew Dan was going to see this and chime in. I remember his having posted this in the past.

The man has everything! (except 2.2kw starters)

Also, I bought a new FOB from C-Dan last year for under $60.00 IIRC shipped to my door.

I had to deal with a similar problem, a screw dropped out of my GPS antenna mount. Probably is at the bottom of the dash defrost vent. Anyway, hardware store had right metric screw thread, but too long. The easy fix is to put a nut on the screw, threaded up to the head. Then grind down the screw to the proper length. When you unscrew the nut, the end of the thread will be restored. This works for any size screw or bolt with machine threads.

Rich,

Great tip, thanks. I grabbed some extras hoping to figure out a way to shorten at least one of them. Now I know thanks to your trick. I'll try it tonight after work. Thanks!

Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom