1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenshots

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by projektdotnet, Aug 18, 2006.

1. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

Ok to bring back the infamous dead horse I decided to start another screenshot thread. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]
    Full Size Version Here

2. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    This is on my 17" Toshiba Laptop. The pic is way larger, but some of you guys have itty bitty little screens. :D

Coast Guard / Textron 47' MLB (Motorized Life Boat) My dream boat.... :D

3. OZCAL

OZCAL

is that Opus? (referring to P.net)

4. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

Tux (linux penguin)
    Forgot to mention

GUI: KDE 3.5.4

:cheers: I(heart)linux cause ih8windows

5. Hot_Eighty_Chick

Hot_Eighty_Chick

I don't know how to do that. :frown:

6. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

you're using windows? hit CTRL and PrintScreen (PrintSCRN on my keyboard) then open up paint (Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) and then hit paste and then hit save...then upload it somewhere ;) it's pretty easy :D

7. srplus

srplus Walked with the Dinosaurs

here's mine

[​IMG]

The SR+ in the top left is my non-windows and non-State of Florida real nick and business logo... it is unfortunate but the way things are - you can not use a + sign on a license plate or in a file name or eMail address in windows so I have to live with spelling it out. The pic of Vincent in the lower left is from one of his self portraits and is only the right side of his face which I mirrored and joined to make it look like a full frontal of him. [I had to prove my old art teacher wrong... both sides of his face can be identical.]

I keep single click shortcuts to all of the programs I use in two sub-directories that appear on the taskbar... the standard quicklaunch (lower left - where I keep all of the ones I use constantly) and in the quiklaunch_2 (lower right - next to the icons in the system tray) - where I keep all of the other ones that I use regularly. The only icon on my desktop is my recycle basket that windows will not let me take off the desktop (Gawd bless you Bill Gates & his Microsoft ppl). In my system tray are icons for my network status, ILsystemWiper (one of the best programs available for managing run away cookies, temp files, recycle bin, search history, etc.), Norton junk, and one of the best memory managers availabe for windoze - Cacheman.

I use Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 with tabbed browsing, which I have found (for me anyway) to be far less hinky than firefox, netscape or some of the other browsers on the market.

Behind the taskbar is a bar that can not be seen when the taskbar is dispayed. It is visible on boot or if you toggle the taskbar off and it says who owns the computer and other relevant information.

I can not stand the new windows look and go with the classic and NEVER have to click start, click programs, click accessories, etc. click, click, click.

I also use the toshiba 17" portable puter (desktop is too big to display here) so i brought the size down to something most of you can see unless on standard VGA.

[​IMG]

This is one of the images of the screen shot of my Pocket PC which I change on a regular basis depending upon which customer I am visiting or what kind of mood I am in.

8. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

That's pretty damn cool, Steven

9. GetsUThere

GetsUThere

Xandros 4.x Linux using KDE 3.4.2 SuperKaramba for the desktop extensions. 1680 x 1050. My favorite of the four virtual desktops below. And since it's dual boot, below that is my windows deskt... oops I guess not (Windows... :flipoff2:).

10. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

Linux Pwn3s

11. sc40

sc40

i sorta want linex, is it a lot easier to use? worth buying? how about transfering files, or downloading stuff?

12. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

Linux is not for newbs...it takes time to get used to it...i use non user-friendly distros so that people dont screw with my settings. Ubuntu is pretty nice for ease of use

13. Cabrito

Cabrito

14. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
  15. alkaline747trio

alkaline747trio

Linux hijack, which linux as of now is the most user friendly to use? I've tried Knoppix, attempted Gentoo, and Mepis, but none were very user friendly.

16. GetsUThere

GetsUThere

People I know are having good luck with Suse or Ubuntu

17. alkaline747trio

alkaline747trio

I always have the problem of after an install being able to use it much. Hardly can get the net or gaim or much like that to work. Isn't there something like "ap-get" that is suposed to install things for you?

18. GetsUThere

GetsUThere

You're referring to apt-get. Here's a link that describes the various package managers.

If you don't like doing things like that, you can get Xandros or Linspire which both have libraries of compatible packages available to registered users. Disadvantage is it costs.

19. Jonathan_Ferguson

Jonathan_Ferguson ★ is in the wrong locale SILVER Star

Try a Live CD, to check if you like it and that it works with your Hardware.

Ubuntu Live CDs
    Edubuntu
    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/6.06/release/edubuntu-6.06-live-i386.iso I haven't used.
    Mono Live
    http://iso.mono-live.org/breezy-mono-live-118-i386.iso I like.
    http://iso.mono-live.org/dapper-mono-live_1_1_13_1_27-i386.iso Alpha version, I like.

20. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

Freespire :D ( http://www.freespire.org )

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">