ScrappyJackalope 2nd gen 4runner Dana 44 sas build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was a pretty long lead time on components with 4WU's system. Ultimately I will be going the link route. But in a effort to get this thing back and driving leaves are going in for now.

Alright, the axle is officially under the 4runner. So officially solid axle. Hope to have on its own tires on Friday.
20220918_151432.jpg

20220916_181543.jpg

One little step closer, Pretty much knew the toyota SR5 wheels wouldn't clear but figured maybe with the skinny 33x10.50's they might. Close but no cigar. I could put a small 1/4" spacer but that defeats the whole purpose of building a wider axle to avoid spacers :)

Anyways, I still need to do shocks mounts, bump stops and brake lines to get it drivable. Then driveline and elocker wiring.

20220925_183851.jpg
20220925_183752.jpg
20220925_183757.jpg

Just barely. I mean unless you just want new wheels, the small spacer would get you going. I'm going to have to do that on the front of my 55 to keep it from eating wheel weights and tre boots...

Sweet build!

That'd be a shame if you drop the SR5 Alloys. Skinnier tires might make the difference - the Kenda Klever R/T 33x9.5 R15 is a bit taller and skinnier than the BFG 33x10.5 R15 AT. If all you need is a fraction of an inch this might make the difference: Kenda Klever 33x9.5 R15

If the spindle would fit, I'd say toyota IFS hubs, but since it's a D44, that's not gonna work

Last edited:
Just barely. I mean unless you just want new wheels, the small spacer would get you going. I'm going to have to do that on the front of my 55 to keep it from eating wheel weights and tre boots...
I will will be going to a bigger tire eventually and knew this day would come. So as much as I would like to keep them it is just time.

Sweet build!

That'd be a shame if you drop the SR5 Alloys. Skinnier tires might make the difference - the Kenda Klever R/T 33x9.5 R15 is a bit taller and skinnier than the BFG 33x10.5 R15 AT. If all you need is a fraction of an inch this might make the difference: Kenda Klever 33x9.5 R15
I will be going bigger tire soon and wil have to do a different wheel when I do. I do love the SR5's though :)

Awesome! There are not a lot of scenarios where that isn't the perfect rig. I really like it.

Oh yea forgot to talk about the wheel choice I made. Went with the American Racing AR23. Ended up liking better than thought I would. Nice fit and finish. As far as next plans well i will be making my front driveshaft, adding a 1 ton chevy master cylinder, the one to my transmission and transfer case. R151f and marlin 4.7 gears..
Screenshot_20221002_225835.jpg

Wheel choice fits. They look period correct to me. Not that you were worried about that. I think it looks great. Also, you made great time getting it all together and driving. Speaking of, how does it drive?

Wheel choice fits. They look period correct to me. Not that you were worried about that. I think it looks great. Also, you made great time getting it all together and driving. Speaking of, how does it drive?
I was worried the finish would be crude on them since I did not remember them in person. Ended up being really nice. How does it drive? Well much better than the Total chaos stuff!! :) haha honestly drives great with no surprises. Stable and tracks well. Couldn't be happier so far.

Heading to the NorCal Toyota fest this Saturday 10/8 in Woodland CA.

From what the organizer told me last night there is going to be a big turn out from the early entries he has..
Screenshot_20220929_224310.jpg

Had a great time at the Norcal ToyotaFest yesterday and even came away with a 1st place in the 90 to 95 4runner class :) but to be honest there were only 7 or 8 2nd gen runners.
20221008_135302.jpg

image2.jpeg

There was a great showing I thought for a 1st show and they did a pretty good job putting it on. There was some quality rigs there and a ton of really nice people.
20221008_091858.jpg
20221008_091444.jpg
20221008_091424.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom