1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scout steering swap pics

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Bull22, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Bull22

Bull22

Ive looked at all the write ups on the tech page. But i am looking for detailed pics. Jim Vandeven has a good writeup but damn small pics. The only part i have now is a scout sag. box. I have to find the other parts so any ideas would help. Oh this swap is going on a 74 fj40 with the f motor. Thanks for the help.

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    I have 21+ pics from landcrab on my laptop at home....I can "make a point" tonight to at least thumbnail and post the images. Should get ya started, text is in process right now...

3. Bull22

Bull22

That would be awsome thankyou. I just cant wait to change over to ps i am gettin tired of chasing the front end around. Well it does need a couple of tie rod ends but i have been waiting to do the swap as i dont know what i will need to replace.

4. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
  5. Bull22

Bull22

Thanks texican. Thats awsome. I just called a yard by my house and they have a scout pump which i will pick up just have to find the shafts and joints next. And i plan on going hydro assist next. My buddy who runs a jeep added hydro to his and he said it cost him like 100.00 dollars.

6. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    If Woody wasn't so damn lazy he could take this write up and put it here......
    Butch

7. woody

Media:
    Albums:
    ...and yer point? :flipoff2:

I'll look at it tonight...or this week...or in March...who knows...lol

8. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    No point, just F'n with ya', you and C missed a hell of a time at the Roundup.........she gonna be at the Nascar race in Tx this weekend?
    Butch

9. woody

Media:
    Albums:
    <hijack>
    2005 Roundup is already on the list...get me some dates tho soon!!! Pumped for Moab tho, can't wait to test the new suspension this weekend and see what final tweaks are needed.

No on NASCAR for her...another Cruiser buddy got married in Hawaii last weekend and their reception is Sat nite. Maybe she'll do TX for the race next year tho! Got something planned in October now, Lowes IIRC. (you could likely talk her into TX for 05 tho...and if you saw the crew she goes with....hoowah...)
    </hijack>

I keep running across LOTS of good tech stuff to add, once I get some site adjustments finished in the next couple weeks, it'll be time to get serious and start cutting-pasting again...

10. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=13638;start=msg126361#msg126361 date=1080146579]
    <hijack>
    October now, Lowes IIRC. (you could likely talk her into TX for 05 tho...and if you saw the crew she goes with....hoowah...)
    </hijack>
    [/quote]

Kinda like the second cousins Ruth Ann and Lynn wearing them cut off blue jeans and them skinny little halter tops......makes ya want get between 'em with a ****************** :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Butch

11. woody

Media:
    Albums:
  12. landcrabmechanical

landcrabmechanical

Hi Woody and all, Landcrab here. The pics Woody has are mine. I have been away from here for a long time and am now dismantling my 74 fj40, the one with the scout steering. I was given a 1985 BJ60 and am getting it going now. Needs a frame swap, but I am a mechanic so it wont be that hard. I will take pics of that as well and submit.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">