Scottsdale Arizona to Houston What not to miss (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, agree with what's been said above.

• Carlsbad Caverns-It's a must see if you haven't been and it's on the way.
  • Balmorhea Springs-beautiful oasis in the desert. Good place to stop and camp over night and cool off in the spring fed pool.
  • Big Bend State and/or Big Bend National Park
  • Enchanted Rock State Park-Beautiful views atop the rock.
  • Fredericksburg-cool little town with a bunch of vineyards/wineries in the general area. Also is the location of the National Museum of the Pacific War.
  • James River Road - Nice drive on country roads with some stream crossings.
  • San Antonio-The Alamo, River Walk, amusement parks (Fiesta Texas, Sea World), tons of Mexican food, Diesel Toyz.
  • Houston-Tons of museums, pro baseball/football games, San Jacinto Monument
  • Galveston area- Kemah boardwalk, Galveston seawall/beaches, Lone Star Flight Museum, Moody Gardens. Go fish!
  • Austin-Food, beer, 6th street, UT-Austin, Lake Travis, BBQ. Hidden Falls Adventure Park isn't too far.

Balmorhea Springs is my normal recommendation but they are closed now for repairs and will be closed for another few months. The Marfa lights will be on the way if you drive US 90 in the dark. They have an official viewing area off of US 90. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere these mysterious lights show up. Apparently University researchers have studied the phenomenon and determined they are just car headlights from the highway a long ways away that bounce off the desert floor. Forgot to mention if you do drive US 90 stop at the Judge Roy Bean Saloon. It is a rest stop on the banks of the Rio Grande. Not really exciting but a bit of West Texas history and it breaks up the drive.

Balmorhea Springs is my normal recommendation but they are closed now for repairs and will be closed for another few months. The Marfa lights will be on the way if you drive US 90 in the dark. They have an official viewing area off of US 90. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere these mysterious lights show up. Apparently University researchers have studied the phenomenon and determined they are just car headlights from the highway a long ways away that bounce off the desert floor. Forgot to mention if you do drive US 90 stop at the Judge Roy Bean Saloon. It is a rest stop on the banks of the Rio Grande. Not really exciting but a bit of West Texas history and it breaks up the drive.
It’s worth seeing just so you can officially pick a side on the theory. I went and realized lots of money was spent on the roadside attraction that could have been used elsewhere.
The Prada building near there is another roadside attraction worthy of a photo op.
A9FCCA07-E877-4597-9D48-15EEE7CEEB57.jpeg

It is also evidence that I don’t understand the art world, and am totally comfortable with that fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom