Score! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My new toy:

attachment.php

Arrived today. My thanks to STLCA/GSMTR and Powertank. :grinpimp:

:flipoff2:

Uh - well, the picture was there last night I swear. It'll have to wait until tonight and I'll fix it.

Last edited:
Fix the picture. Did you get the blue powdercoated one? I've got mine dropped off to get refilled... Havn't used it a whole lot - but it'll be there someday for an emergency (can't count loaning it to Jim to run his ARB's when his compressor failed - but I'm sure he was glad I spent the money).

I've been looking for a place to get a Powertank filled. Tried the welding shop route. They all want do an exchange. I'm not trading my pretty new Powertank for an old used beat up tank.
Where do you all get your tanks filled?

Weird. When I pull up this thread here at home, the photo is there...

Anyway, here it is - 15 pounder and I sprung for the upgraded regulator.

I haven't sourced a fill place yet, but there are plenty of beverage, fire extinguisher and welding supply places here in Gainesville.
Aug07 010-3.jpg

Congrats!! Very nice!
Looks like you got the fully optioned and accesorized setup.

Looks good Eric, but that overstuffed tank holder it's in will take up a lot of room in your 40.

Jerry D.

Ah - the overstuffed tank holder is my "evening and weekend post-work relaxation center" (patent pending). :D

That is a nice tank - I think mine is only a 10 pounder then - a bit shorter. I have a welding place 2 blocks from my house that won't fill it - won't fill my little stargon tank either - they have s***e for exchanges. The other shop moved - was one mile away. Talk about a pisser - living in a historic downtown in the heart of the City, and all the bars and restaurants are overpriced and now the welding shops are going Palm Beach too! Damn!

Dropped the tanks at my parents so Pop can drop em at the Ft. Pierce shops - geez!

Ask around at your local restaurants. Last night I got some info on a welding company that comes and fills the CO2 tank at a local eatery (for the soda machines).

Steve,
There is a big refill station north of Fowler on Nebraska ave here in Tampa. They are just south of 131st street on the west side of the street. Those guys have been there for years and I think they will fill your tank. I think it Ace Weilding Supply, Tampa, FL 33601 (813) 977-3385. They are closed now so not sure.
Trace

Got mine filled yesterday at Alachua Fire Extinguisher here in Gainesville. Cost about $19 for the 15# tank.

Bill - Does your tank sweat for hours after a fill? (Although it WAS rainy and humid yesterday too...)

Got mine filled yesterday at Alachua Fire Extinguisher here in Gainesville. Cost about $19 for the 15# tank.

Bill - Does your tank sweat for hours after a fill? (Although it WAS rainy and humid yesterday too...)

Nope? Only sweats at a few fittings when used - from the extreme cold from pressure releasing - cold as all get out.

Nope? Only sweats at a few fittings when used - from the extreme cold from pressure releasing - cold as all get out.

Okay - it stopped after a while. The cold tank (after filling) combined with the humid and rainy weather made for the right conditions I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom