SCORE New tires and rims..Just one problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So a guy here in Jacksonville had these tires and rims on Craigslist for $1000' Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs 285/75R16 on Eagle 589's. We tried them on and the rub the TRE slightly. So on Monday I get to go talk to a guy in town that makes spacers. But I only ended up paying $750 for them. The tire only have about 5000 miles on them too.
Photo_021609_001.jpg
Tacorims.jpg
Photo_021609_002.jpg

Last edited:
Just remember that adding the wheel weights will bring them even closer to TRE's.
I had that problem with Outlaw II's. They fit fine. Well that was before the wheel weights were added. And 33X9.50's usually need alot of wieghts!:hillbilly:
Needless to say the boots got trashed.

Yeah I know about weights I am running 33x12.50 on 15's and they are BFG m/t and they are getting very worn needing a few ounces to balance them.

If they aren't rubbing very much, then get a set of the 1/4" spacers from Summit or a similar shop. I've run them for several years with no problems.

Yeah I found the custom spacers here in town 117 out the door with everything i need. Will get some pics up later. the spacers a 1 1/4" and the hardware.

So if anyone needs some spacers give me a heads up I can get them in one day.. actually a couple of hours.

And Now the pics..
Photo_021609_003.jpg
Photo_021609_004.jpg

And on the truck!!

One pic with them on the truck and one pic of the spacer i had made.
IMG_0890-1.jpg
IMG_0875-1.jpg

I used lock-tite Blue on the inside nuts.

But yeah thanks for the heads up.. I am ALWAYS willing to learn from someone else s mistakes.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom