Scoobiedubes '72 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
The goal is to make it reliable and trail worthy. The first projects are power steering and seat mounts.

The name on the key chain is Anaconda, not going to cut it, too long. So, needed a nick name, went with Ana, as in; going to need ana-other part, ana-other mod, ana... :hillbilly:

ana_1.jpg

ooooh :cool:

play cruiser small.jpg

Whomever made the seat mount made it too tall and the seat bottoms are relatively thick, making it worse. When sitting in the driver seat, I was looking at the sun visor, the steering wheel pressed on my legs.

Got the driver side done, made it lower, tipped the front up more for better comfort and has better adjust ability range.

When we were ready to start welding, smelled gas, found the ~5/8" vent hose cut off! It was plugged at the tank with a bolt epoxied in, the other end was open.:hillbilly:

ana_2.jpg

ana_3.jpg

ana_4.jpg

somebody cut out his tool box ?

:hmm: red wire . . .

The radiator mount trimmed to fit. The box bolted on.

Also, resealing everything on the front of the motor.

ana_10.jpg

ana_11.jpg

Ana-other 40?!?!? :hillbilly:

With the lack of a tool box and with that fuel tank it also may be ana-other model year like a 73. Does it have a opening for the stock radio in the dash.? A tunnel cover that all the way to the floor in the back? A gas filler door? 73 also had a one year only reverse light but most have been replaced over the years.

With the vent in the driver's side cowl and that steering box it would be 72. The rear would be no later that a 74. Braces for a roll bar and and it's a 74. If it has the fuel filler open for a door but no roll bar braces it's a 73 rear tub.

Wow, lookin good Kevin! Finally checking in, got married over the weekend - I figured I needed to get this done BEFORE the wedding so the wife couldn't have any say on it afterwards :p Can't wait to drive this without craning my neck to look beneath the visor, and not get migraines from all the fumes!!! :cheers: you rock Kevin

Another FJ40 coming back into the fold the right way.:steer: Looks like a good project.

You'll need to rename your tool shop :idea:

You'll need to rename your tool shop :idea:

Why?
Methinks that blue '40 of ours is in fact a tool - a tool to get out in the desert...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom