SCLCC: January 2006 Club Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
The Steel City Land Cruiser Club is a recently established (late 2005) club of Land Cruiser owners in and around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

The next club meeting will take place on January 7, 2006 at 1:00pm at the Parkway Tavern in Monroeville (about 2 min. off the 376 or 76 monroeville exits: 312 Center Rd, Monroeville, 15146)

Potential members and other interested parties welcome!

Please pass our info along if you know anyone who may be interested, as we hope to increase our membership and establish new contacts in the relatively sparse TLC community of Western PA.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions. -Ed '70FJ40

Howdy,

I just picked up my first Cruiser and would love to be there, but I'll be in Philly getting a turbo in my Mini Cooper S. Be sure to let me know when the next one is.

Strangelovegelove said:
Howdy,

I just picked up my first Cruiser and would love to be there, but I'll be in Philly getting a turbo in my Mini Cooper S. Be sure to let me know when the next one is.

hit me with your name, email and any other contact informatiion you wish to fork over! i'll plug you into the XL sheet and get you a copy of other members.

????i thought cooper s's hat a supercharger. you ditchin' it????

wecome aboard!

Scott Zimmermann
zecco@comcast.net

Zimm said:
hit me with your name, email and any other contact informatiion you wish to fork over! i'll plug you into the XL sheet and get you a copy of other members.

????i thought cooper s's hat a supercharger. you ditchin' it????

wecome aboard!

Scott Zimmermann
zecco@comcast.net

Email sent, Scott.

The Mini is going to be evil with the turbocompressor setup that includes supercharging and turbocharging. I'll have in the neighborhood of 300 crank hp.:bounce2:

Here's some pics of my new Cruiser:
Cruzer front quarter.jpg
Cruzer Back.jpg
Cruzer side.jpg

got your email.

nice rig! it looks like it runs! thats a big deal in this club. lotsa projects goin' on. mine runs though :) .

i gatta see this mini when you are done. ED V used to autocross i think...

autoX

Yes I did. Loved it.

Manfred is a very good auto-xer too: much more commited (SCCA Solo2 chair or vice-chair or some such) and has gone to Nationals.

I don't have that kind of time... though I hope to be back in it soon, I'm not running another car of my own though until I finish my Cruiser!

Trying to convince a friend w/ a nearly redone '76 BMW 2002 w/ coilover/sways/brakes to run it this year so I can "help him dial it in." That way I only need to commit a little time.

See you guys this wknd! :beer:

-Ed '70FJ40

PS: Watch it Scott--mine runs dammit... I just don't feel the need to conform to that pesky "Motor Vehicle Code," what with the lights & the horns & the seatbelts. ;)

Yep. Not too many out there. I co-drove the S2K a handful of times over the last couple years, but couldn't commit to full time (largely because of my Land Cruiser). 300ZXTT before that.

How long have you run the mini? What did you run before?

I ran across a cheap FJ62 for Manfred this fall. It is on a steady path back to its potential.

pghfj40 said:
How long have you run the mini? What did you run before?

I started running the mini in '03. That was my first season (6 races) and I took 2nd place in G stock making me think (wrongly) that I was pretty good at autocrossing. I started modding, went into the street modified class, and now am officially mediocre at autocrossing.
I enjoy it anyway.

The Steel City Land Cruiser Club is a recently established (late 2005) club of Land Cruiser owners in and around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

The next club meeting will take place on January 7, 2006 at 1:00pm at the Parkway Tavern in Monroeville (about 2 min. off the 376 or 76 monroeville exits: 312 Center Rd, Monroeville, 15146)

Potential members and other interested parties welcome!

Please pass our info along if you know anyone who may be interested, as we hope to increase our membership and establish new contacts in the relatively sparse TLC community of Western PA.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions. -Ed '70FJ40
Hi Folks, I live in the Pittsburgh area - how do I join the Steel City Land Cruiser Club?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom