SCLCC: April 2008 Club Meeting (1 Viewer)

Are you an SCLCC member attending this meeting?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
Steel City Land Cruiser Club April 2008 Club Meeting will be held...

Tuesday, April 15th, 7:00pm @ Ed's House.

I will grill burgers or chicken breast... so come hungry... let me know if you're attending so i know how much to get. I'm trying a (new-to-me) feature of a poll with the thread to make it easy to see how many are coming. Please give it a shot by voting yes, no, or maybe.

BYOB, please.

Potential members and other interested parties welcome! (Email my username at yahoo for further information.)

Bonfire

Also, if enough people are interested, and weather permitting... we could have a bonfire out back & enjoy some adult beverages ...depends on if enough people wanna stick around.

In either case, I am planning on having a bonfire on a Friday or Saturday eve before the end of the month... for now saying tentatively Saturday the 26th. I'll ask people's availability at the meeting.

We've been saying we should have some more club events (beyond meetings)... so here we go! We can do what we're best at!! :beer: :cheers:

I might actually be able to make it this month -- I should be out by 5pm on the 15th. I'm guessing from your avatar that I should leave my dog at home?

As for the barbecue, I have a long shift on the 26th so I don't think that would work, but I'll be there in spirit.

I might actually be able to make it this month -- I should be out by 5pm on the 15th. I'm guessing from your avatar that I should leave my dog at home?

The dog's not ferocious as it would appear... unless you're a groundhog--then he probably looks a lot like that to you. :eek: The avatar is a long exposure pic at dusk while he was about to chomp on a ball he was chasing. He can be a little wild when I let him, but not aggressive.

Who are you, btw (shaggy_mutt)? Charles H? Intro yourself, & vehicle if you like--start a "shaggy_mutt's ride" thread (or whatever you wanna call it) on the forum... and, no, it doesn't have to be a finished project (of course!)... will be interesting to see & talk about at the meeting.

The dog's not ferocious as it would appear... unless you're a groundhog--then he probably looks a lot like that to you. :eek: The avatar is a long exposure pic at dusk while he was about to chomp on a ball he was chasing. He can be a little wild when I let him, but not aggressive.

Who are you, btw (shaggy_mutt)? Charles H? Intro yourself, & vehicle if you like--start a "shaggy_mutt's ride" thread (or whatever you wanna call it) on the forum... and, no, it doesn't have to be a finished project (of course!)... will be interesting to see & talk about at the meeting.

Yep, that's me, Charles H. Gotta run in a minute, but just wanted to check in briefly. I was mainly teasing about the dog picture -- I figured it had to be something like that :cool:

BTW if anyone else was wondering about the $650 FJ60 on Craigslist, I went out and took a look at it. Nice guy and the truck isn't junk, but it's too big a project for me to add to my current FJ40 project. Body has a fair bit of rust and bondo, but frame is surprisingly decent for a northern truck in that price range. Motor had problems which have supposedly been fixed (can't verify -- the guy who was working on it for him lost interest halfway through putting it back together) but the seller claims it was running and driving before that. Interior is not so great, but not totally trashed either. Wiring has had a fair bit of creativity inflicted on it. Paint job is pretty ghetto IMHO, but those of you who like wild homemade paint jobs might feel differently.

Basically, my impression of the truck is that this would be an ideal candidate for a V8-based trail truck. If the body was better, I was going to toss a 6.2 in it and run veggie oil, but I don't have the time to do all the bodywork and also finish my FJ40.

If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll send you the seller's phone number. No affiliation, just hate to see an FJ60 go to the crusher.

Good meeting. We had Nick, Manfred, Eric, Paul, Tom, Scott, Charles, & me (Ed) there. Thanks to all for coming.

Fire... beer... 4wheelin vids... hot sausage... AND... a good Cruiser turnout! :clap: There was even a short trail run on the way out--dunno what else to ask for.

We may have had that many people before, but this one was the best Land Cruiser turn out yet! :bounce:

DSCN1749.jpg

DSCN1752.jpg

NEXT MEETING: We resolved to keep the meeting on the 3rd Tuesday, and that May's meeting will be at my place again (but be sure to confirm this in May's thread/emails when the time comes).

INTERIM EVENTS: WHEELIN'--PJ also volunteered to head up a run Sunday April 27th, so we'll be looking for a thread on that. :cheers: Lookin forward to it! :steer:

BONFIRE--Also, I still plan to have a bonfire the night before (Saturday the 26th), weather permitting. All are invited (guests too) and can even crash there if they like... plenty of room for a tent or pull up some floor or spare bed or sofabed. I will post up a thread or send out an email closer to that time to see what it looks like (schedule, weather, etc.). :beer:

Nice pics:cheers:
Gotta love the white walls on toms:flipoff2:

PJ any developments on that trail ride on Sunday??

Gonna start a thread so we can BS bout it? ...I need something to daydream about to get me through the week! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom