School me on FJ Cruisers please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you have the locker, but not the ATRAC then yes, you can just add the switch as everything else is in the "computer " and ready to go. When I bought my FJ it was a pretty basic model and I had read about the switch and bought one. A couple of days later after I bought it it took me less than a minute to put it in and I then had ATRAC. A lot cheaper than paying the $2500 for the package it was a part of.

There are also some other switches that are pre-wired too like the wiring for roof lights and fog lights if I remember right. You add lights and a switch and you're good to go.

Interesting. Mine has it, but I had no idea it was a simple switch if you had a diff lock.

Interesting though that in 2012 it was difficult, if not impossible to find a TTSE without that package, so that became the "price". Having said that, I searched night and day to find a good price in Ca and did not buy in-State because I found a large Toyota truck dealer in Missouri called Jay Wolf Toyota. I saved $7k buying from them, minus the $900 to put it on a truck to my house and minus $45 the State of Ca wanted for a smog inspection because it was "out of State"!! So I did alright. Only 3 miles on the odo when I got it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom