school me on 84 toy mini solid axel trucks....... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Whats a fair price on a 84 toy mini solid axel difs suposed to have lockers front and rear. may or may not come with 33 inch tires. Hasnt been started in like 4 years. thats the last time it had fresh gas in it. carbed 4 banger in it. Flat bed on the back. What would something like this be worth???????????????? Whats comon fault spots on these trucks? Im driveing an fj62 but man ide like to have a short whelbase solid axel to beat the snot out of instead of doing that with my cruiser.

talking about the whole truck in case i wasnt clear. if its 5 or less should i buy it?????????????????????????????

Post some photos so we can give you a better idea of what it's worth.

i havent got to see it yet. what should i be looking for bad wise other then rust? I no to check for the front and rear lockers and such but what else is a comon trouble are on these?

I just bought a 83' for the straight axle and engine for my 88'. I paid $500 and the engine and transfer all work. The body is totally trashed and no bed on it. I say if you can get for 5 or less then do it, and if it takes a couple hundred more to wheel it then so be it. Just my 2cents.

Check the frame right behind the cab for rust, beat on it, stab it with a screw driver, etc. That's the biggest thing I'm aware of. Good luck. $500 = YES, $5000=NO. :cheers:

its actualy 450 cash . I should be going to see it this week. Hope its as good as im being told. Been 4 years since it was started, figure fuel filter replacement. squirt some carb cleaner threw the carb. drain the tank. fresh gas some dry gas and maybe octain booster then start it up . also pour oil on the valves and such and turn it over by hand first . how do you all think that sounds.?

Check your frame wall by the gas tank.

$450!!!

you'd be crazy not to buy it!
if its located on the west coast, i'll buy it right now.

buy it! buy it! buy it! buy it! buy it! buy it! buy it! buy it! buy it! buy it! buy it!

i got my 84 without any lockers, 235s with some rust in the bed, in pretty good condition for 2500 in colorado and drove it back to texas and it's run like a top for the year and a half i've had it. but i would definetly buy this one if i were you even it didn't start because if youre a good mechanic you can fix it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom