Schell Family +1 ( ...again) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
web.mac.com
Got home late last night with the lastest expansion of the Schell family.:D

1977 FJ40 114K mi

This is supposed to be for my :princess: but I love driving it. So it'll be a battle, luckily I go to work earlier!

P1010828.jpg

Rory -

Looks nice! Give us some more details - it looks mostly stock? If I'm remembering, disc brakes in the front didn't start until '78? Is this one drums all around? 4-speed tranny on the floor? The body looks pretty straight. And a Warn 8274 on the front bumper is never a bad thing. Nice score!

Evan

*Very* nice. Congratulations!

If I'm remembering, disc brakes in the front didn't start until '78? Is this one drums all around?

Actually, disk brakes appeared in the front in 1976. Very nice.

Rory,

Congrats dude, nice score!

Evan,

Looks like a Warn M8000 winch.

Well if I was going to have buyers remorse you guys sure did cure it.

Last weekend Molly and I went to Ouray for our anniversary. We were puttin around on the side streets and chanced upon it. Usually my wife won't let me get to close to things I want. But she was pretty interested in the truck too. And then she said, "I could see myslef driving this." I told her not to mess with my emotions like that. She told me she wasn't. I didn't talk to the owner until Sunday night after we got back to Albuquerque. He gave some history and we bartered on the price. We both came to agreement on $5k. A good friend of mine has a car hauler so we left early Saturday morning, got to Durango a little after 10am, hit up Purgatory and did some slush-boarding. The owner bought it in 2000 from someone in Telluride. He had a minor passion for the Landcruiser and kept it in good enough condition. The truck is all stock except the trailer rims. Has 114800 on the odo. Has the aftermarket front and rear heaters (which work awesome). It doesn't have the factory radio, but the dash wasn't cut.

Other than that I am still learning the ins and outs. Right now my big concern is emissions. It has been in Colorado country for 14 years with no emission testing, so I might have a battle.

hey, mine is a 1977 also. :D i know, i know. i didn't say '77 Land Cruiser or FJ40 on purpose.
where are you guys seeing pics?

I posted them using photobucket. Maybe your firewall blocks them (mine at works does)

here is a pic from Ouray:
P1010808.jpg

It looks like it's in great shape.

Thanks Marc.

There is a little bit of rust but it is on the surface, no cancer. I might have a battle with the emissions, but luckily parts for this rig are cheap!! :bounce:

even the paint looks like it's in good shape. great buy!

I think i saw it today when i pulled into get gas on San Mateo near I-40. The gas station was packed and by the time i found a place to park it was already gone. Looked like a very nice rig. I'm jealous, i miss my 78. Maybe i'll have a 40 again someday.

Yup that was me. At the Shell gas station filling up.

Where you in the Yellow FJ?

The paint has some rough spots, but overall it looks good from a distance;p

Yup that was me. At the Shell gas station filling up.

Where you in the Yellow FJ?

The paint has some rough spots, but overall it looks good from a distance;p

Yep that was me. That gas station was a mess... I ended up taking your spot :) Rough or not, the truck looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom