Scepter Canada Spouts...again... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Yes, I know covered and I've read way too many threads here, most now dating back to 2007-2009! Just got a couple of Scepter Canada red gas cans for helping a friend. No spout and know they are unobtainium due to CARB, etc.

Seems the best option, which I own, is a Super Siphon. I use it on my old metal Wedco (I think!) cans w/o having to remove them from the rack on my bumper. Seems that some have used a 3/4" threaded PVC cap and fashioned their own pour spout? Someone on ebay has both 3/4 and 7/8 spouts.

Would that be my only other option if I wanted a pour spout. Former owner of these used a big long funnel.

^ Yep, jiggler siphon works great as long as the bottom of can is above the filler. In oz, I fill diesel jerry cans on the roof rack and then strap them down and when fuel is needed, siphon from the roof level. Only have to lift/lower the cans when they are empty, much betterer :)

cheers,
george.

@VidereStudios (Petr) sells Scepter stuff.

I use THIS when I do t want to lift cans... and the cans are above the tank filler

@That 'this' is the super siphon I mentioned I use currently for my jerry cans on my rear bumper. Swing open my carrier and both cans are close enough and high enough to siphon w/o removal!

^ Yep, jiggler siphon works great as long as the bottom of can is above the filler. In oz, I fill diesel jerry cans on the roof rack and then strap them down and when fuel is needed, siphon from the roof level. Only have to lift/lower the cans when they are empty, much betterer :)

cheers,
george.

Hi George! Long time! Hope all is well. See response to Solace above. My set up is pretty nice right from the rear bumper. RTT occupies my roof rack now.

Brent

^ They prime very quickly. You just jiggle 3 or 4 inches (the hose :) ) quickly and within seconds the fuel is flowing. They flow fast and will empty a jerry can in a few minutes on their own. Highly recommended.

cheers,
george.

I agree with George. They really are very simple to start the siphon. I think this is what I'll end up using for the Scepter cans I just was given.

When I got my Scepter cans a few years back I bought a "diesel" spout, which is 28mm in diameter. This worked fine for the Tacoma, but would not fit the narrower fuel intake on the LX. I've been hunting for the 19mm Scepter spouts for around 4-5 months. They were out of stock (and shown as discontinued in many places) for ages, but I called DS Tactical and had them write my name & number down on their list. They called me the same day these became available (mid August), and I ordered two, which recently arrived.

I see OverlandOutfitters.ca shows both the 19mm and 28mm versions in stock:
- Scepter MFC Pour Spout 19mm - 3/4
- Scepter MFC Pour Spout 28mm - 1 1/8

Get them while you can!

The only other places to get the 19mm version would be eBay US/UK, and in both cases the spouts are listed at triple their normal cost.

A non-Scepter option is this: Scepter Military Fuel and Jerry Can Spout - Multi-Fuel 3/4 Inch Hose with Filter 692619974508 | eBay. I got this in the beginning of this summer and it did the trick. Downside is that 1) at $50 CAD it's more expensive than the Scepter version, 2) since there's no gasket, it does leak a bit and 3) it can be damn hard to loosen after you've used it, to the point that I carry a wrench. If anyone wants this unit, I'll be happy to sell mine.

I'd found that one on ebay. Based on your feedback may pass on it. Wonder if Canadian outfitter would ship to the US much less Kalifornia.

Wonder if Canadian outfitter would ship to the US much less Kalifornia.

If they won't, you're welcome to ship it to me (I'm 4.5hrs drive away from that shop, so shipping will be cheap), and I'll ship it to you (just cover the shipping cost).

If they won't, you're welcome to ship it to me (I'm 4.5hrs drive away from that shop, so shipping will be cheap), and I'll ship it to you (just cover the shipping cost).
I may take you up on that very generous offer! I need to confirm which size nozzle is on the red Scepter cans. I may still just stick with the super siphon. That gets the majority of the gas out of my current cans.

I'd found that one on ebay. Based on your feedback may pass on it. Wonder if Canadian outfitter would ship to the US much less Kalifornia.
Just placed an order for one, no issues so far with shipping to Cali. However getting one from Petr may be better.

Canadian outfitter linked above will ship via DHL here as well. Waiting on a response from either Petr (busy) or Canada on availability of Viton gaskets. These cans I inherited haven't been used in over 5 years so I'd like to replace the gaskets as well.

FWIW I just purchased 2 MFC's from Petr. He's great to deal with, prompt and communicates very well.

Back from the dead.

My homemade spout was pretty s***ty. It was slow to flow and dripped as I poured. The Spectre spouts are stupid expensive on US ebay, so I decided to do a quick google search and found this:
Scepter Military MFC Spout 3/4 19mm - Shop Online
$51C shipped ($27USD + $13shipping)
Seemed like an awesome deal to me. I've already got the wrench so I can snug the spout down.

I have a jiggler siphon as well but prefer to dump my cans the old fashion way. Besides, we had a nasty episode in Arizona with my jiggler siphon. It was hot and when we stopped to refuel. When we opened the cap of the jerry, the gas was boiling. We needed to fuel up so I started jiggling the siphon. Gas suddenly erupted out of the jerry can all over my wife and tailgate of the Cruiser and the parking lot was covered with gas. As my wife cleaned up, the siphon started working and we drained both Jerrys in the tank and left. I still carry the siphon but look forward to the spout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom