Scan Tool for brake bleeding? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there any aftermarket scan tools that can bleed the ABS?

I am not a computer guy and the TechStream stuff I have been reading about is like Greek...32 Bit, VM, Firmware, specialty VII cable of some sort...sheesh, that's not me.

I'm on a rear caliper rebuild job.

Greg

Are there any aftermarket scan tools that can bleed the ABS?

I am not a computer guy and the TechStream stuff I have been reading about is like Greek...32 Bit, VM, Firmware, specialty VII cable of some sort...sheesh, that's not me.

I'm on a rear caliper rebuild job.

Greg
Tech stream is basic straight forward. If you can post on these forums you can run techstream.

No need to bleed abs with hand held device or TS unless you are installing new master, ran fluid low enough to get air in the circuit or your trying flush and refresh the little bit of fluid in that part of the circuit. You can go do some stoppies on dirt road to activate abs.

Do your normal flush and bleed with key on and pedal depressed- crack bleeders and repeat. Don’t let level get below min mark while flushing or bleeding-

Thanks Macho Man. I wasn't aware that abs bleed was only necessary if disturbing the master cylinder. Thanks for the tip!

Only if it works. There is a reason why the thread is 46 pages long now.
The reason it's that long is because people don't read the first thread properly. It's quiet easy to set it up. Only minor issue maybe if you are using Mac. But even with those you can make it work.

Where there is a will... There is a way.

The reason it's that long is because people don't read the first thread properly. It's quiet easy to set it up. Only minor issue maybe if you are using Mac. But even with those you can make it work.

Where there is a will... There is a way.
I don't see the first post addresses any connection issue or trouble shooting, which is why I mentioned good only if it works. Of course first post is wonderful if everything works.

As mentioned above, after brake work you can just go somewhere to activate the abs. I’m very urban based so I usually find some gravel next to a road and do a couple quick stops and it works every time. This does not help with diagnosis, only bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom