craigslist SCAM -- New York // Overland Park, KS -- 2006 LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looked too good to be true. And it is.

2006 Lexus Lx 470 V8 Great Condition

Just a wild guess that this is actually a hacker in a Brooklyn, NY basement.

1. Showed up on New York City Craigslist
2. Characteristic poor English / awkward wording in the CL post (typical of these scammers as people who are suspicious from the start self-select away from these listings...just like the emails from the "Nigerian prince" who can't spell or put an english sentence together.
3. Has a 917 cell phone number (NYC area code), but didn't answer basic questions when i sent a text message (what's the VIN? what's the mileage?)

4. Provided a "Carfax" but the VIN is missing a digit
5. Provided a "title" but the address of "Jsmine Wald" (or was that Jasmine with an A?) is actually the address of a Ford dealership in Overland Park, KS
6. Claims husband died of a heart attack and that's why "she" is selling the vehicle.
7. Claims the vehicle is located in KS and EBay Motors is handling the shipping of it...she won't be there in person, etc. etc. (text of email below)

OK, you get the point (see photos of fradulent docs attached) .... watch out for:

"Jasmine Wald"
email address: cmm70@comcast.net
cell phone: 917-908-8401

This comcast email address has also posted on: RVUSA website offering an RV and has a website offering motorcycles for sale, claiming: "Shipping and payment managed by Ebay Motors"

Text of email from scammer below:

"As I told you in my first email, after my husband died I moved to another city (Overland Park, Kansas) and took a new job. The vehicle is here with me and is already at the shipping company in Overland Park, Kansas, sealed and ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with eBay Motors. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3-5 days. You will have 5 days to try out prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back on my expense and you will be refunded. If you are interested in knowing more info about how the whole process works, I can ask eBay Motors to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. eBay Motors will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller.

If you are serious about buying the vehicle, please reply with your full name, shipping address and phone number so I can forward them to eBay Motors in order to open a case regarding our deal. After that they will send you an invoice with more details about payment, shipping and insurance and will explain better the entire procedure.

Looking forward to hearing from you!"

Fake Carfax 06 LX470 JTJHT00W16401729.png

Fake Title 06 LX470  JTJHT00W16401729.png

JTJHT00W164017292

JTJHT00W16401729
JTJHT00W164017291
JTJHT00W164017293
JTJHT00W164017294
JTJHT00W164017295
JTJHT00W164017296
JTJHT00W164017297
JTJHT00W164017298
JTJHT00W164017299
JTJHT00W164017290

Dang it! I really wanted that Explorer! lol Thank you so much for your posts! You saved me a lot of time and headaches. I've found this same wording on this site with the name Donna. Does my email look familiar? :p I was actually praying for her before I saw your posts. arggh!

"Hello again and thank you for your kind words.

As I told you in my first email, after my husband died, I moved to another city (Overland Park, Kansas) and took a new job. The vehicle is here with me and is already at the shipping company in Overland Park, Kansas, sealed and ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with All 4 You Shipping LLC. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3-5 days. You will have 5 days to try out prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back on my expenses and you will be refunded. If you are interested in knowing more info about how the whole process works, I can ask All 4 You Shipping LLC to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. All 4 You Shipping LLC will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller.

If you are serious about buying the vehicle, please reply with your full name, shipping address and phone number so I can forward them to All 4 You Shipping LLC in order to open a case regarding our deal. After that they will send you an invoice with more details about payment, shipping and insurance and will better explain the entire procedure.

Looking forward to hearing from you! "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom