For Sale SC 96 lx450 126k miles,locked,supercharged (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not mine. But just drove a long way to buy it. I walked away. Not for me but maybe for you.
1996 Lexus LX450 TRO Supercharger-Lockers-Low Miles

The good:
Low miles
Supercharger
Front seats are perfect
Runs good
New Yokohama tires
New starter
New AC compressor/evaporator
New exhaust

The Bad:
Rust and lots of it.
Paint is rough and bubbling up
Usual clear coat issues
Has been wrecked and s***ty repair done. Bolts missing in body panels from misalignment. Both main lower radiator bolts were never replaced.
Front driver frame rail bent in.
Front bumper is horribly misaligned. Rear bumper has had some impacts as well.
Paint not even close on color match.
Wheels are pitted horribly
Interior is kinda trashed. Holes in various areas from pep-boys accessories. Carpet stained all over. Tears in leather door cards.
Cat bracket completely rusted away. With no support on a lot of the exhaust.

not mine. But just drove a long way to buy it. I walked away. Not for me but maybe for you.
1996 Lexus LX450 TRO Supercharger-Lockers-Low Miles

The good:
Low miles
Supercharger
Front seats are perfect
Runs good
New Yokohama tires
New starter
New AC compressor/evaporator
New exhaust

The Bad:
Rust and lots of it.
Paint is rough and bubbling up
Usual clear coat issues
Has been wrecked and s***ty repair done. Bolts missing in body panels from misalignment. Both main lower radiator bolts were never replaced.
Front driver frame rail bent in.
Front bumper is horribly misaligned. Rear bumper has had some impacts as well.
Paint not even close on color match.
Wheels are pitted horribly
Interior is kinda trashed. Holes in various areas from pep-boys accessories. Carpet stained all over. Tears in leather door cards.
Cat bracket completely rusted away. With no support on a lot of the exhaust.
Only problem I see is the TRD supercharger are only for 100K and this bad boy has surpassed that. JMO

It's sold. I almost drove 3 hours to look at it but the rust changed my mind. Spent the biggest part if it's life up north

Lol. I bought it. I deal with rust on a daily basis. The body had rust in two small spots. Not bad. Paint was faded from sun. Hood needs repaint. Rust on frame needs to be neutralized, encapsulated and top coated. But there was no rot on the frame. . A few interior panels need to be replaced but besides a cleaning in good shape. Air bag module just needed to be reset. It can come back to its former glory with about 1k investment. After that and a tuneup and fluid exchange and it will be just like every other super charged, locked lx450 with 126,000 miles on it. A very rare bird. And will make a great truck for a customer.

Yeah it was the unicorn that poops golden eggs. It's a rare one indeed. I came real close to getting it with all that rust. I had ten grand in my right boot. That was burning my foot while standing front of it. I needed a good one to use as a DD. I purposely didn't test drive it. Or else I would be under it scrapping rust right now.

congrats!

A great deal. Is that front passenger fender a respray or replacement? Possibly just the light in the photo, but appears to be slightly different color than passenger front door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom