SBC V8 Radiator Hose w/ Stock Radiator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It seems as though one of the Gates part numbers from the old IH8MUD Trivia page is incorrect. Here is what was on the new wiki link:

Cooling Chevy 350 to stock Cruiser radiator - upper hose is Gates 2016, lower hose is Gates 20573

The 2016 is the problem, I think it should have 5 numbers.

Anyways can someone help me get the right hoses to connect a SBC to the stock radiator. If not I will just get a flex hose for the upper hose as it seems that the lower part number is ok.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Last edited:
don't use a universal..they look so bootyfab.

Try a Gates 20416. Looks like it was made for the application once trimmed to fit
HPIM1108.jpg

That looks like it! Thanks bro, the 4 must have gotten removed from the parts list above.

Thanks,
Jeremy

i used the gates number and crossed it to napa and bought that for the bottom.. i still had a leak..

it seems the toyota bottom outlet was just a little smaller then the hose so i tried to get a sleeve napa sold, it still leaked and the sleeve made the hose about an 1/8" smaller and the dam thing still leaked.

now the radiator is at the shop getting the bottom bung replaced.

in looking at it might be because it was a little out of shape i am not sure but i am tired of screwing with it.

for the top hose i just used a flexable one.. maybe i may buy the one listed here.......

yea the bottom 20573 is a little large for the stock rad. I ran this combo for a while and used 2 clamps without leaks.

I'm running a 350 with the stock radiator. part#'s are as follows:

Upper- Gates 20416 or Dayco 70344

Lower- Gates 20573 or Dayco 70471

Fit is very good one length is trimmed with no leaks!

Dwayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom