SBC motor mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My SBC motor mounts

This is what I came up with after looking at several other options. Total time about 2 hours for both sides, total cost about $30 in materials (DOM is $$$)

I just used 1/4 for the plate and the DOM is sized to the spring bushings I had. I used the half of the chevy motor mount that bolts to the engine.

If my booger welds hold up I think they should work fine.

Last edited:
sweet they look beefy... i would have probably bolted them up, dropped the motor in, then welded them just incase any provisions were needed... gives me hope i've been pondering which mounts to use on my upcomming project, but home booty fab looks like the way to go.

is this centered or offset?

saweet... post some pics of the engine installed to..

Offset to drivers side about 1" I will get some of the motor in HOPEFULLY this weekend. I had the motor in and supported where I wanted it and built the mounts to the motor so I know they are right. (I hope) I am switching to a diff. sbc 350 but I couldn't think there would be any diff.

what is the reason for the offset towards the drivers side? i thought people put it more towards the passenger side for clearing the steering ?

i'm just wondering, you know... stealing info :cheers:

I believe it's to make room for the front driveline.....

HawkDriver said:
That is lookin pretty sweet. Can't wait to see it all bolted up. :cheers:

Bandy, judging by that concave part of the firewall I'm beginning to wonder if the Fs were offset as well. Whatdya think?

Yes, radiator is also not centered with the grill opening, it matches up instead with the motor (2f), that is what I remember .

So lardass motor w/lardass driver = classic cruiser lean, that would be my guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom