SBC motor mounts

• Thread starter KNUCKLEDRAGGER
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

KNUCKLEDRAGGER

I need some advice about which motor mounts to use.  I have a 72 Fj40 with the saginaw steering conversion.  I saw the mounts on the tech board and know that Downey and A/A have them. I remember somebody saying they used some from Summit Racing.  I also found these on the LCML
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/gutsrus2k/lst?.dir=/Modification+Parts

...HELP I really don't know which way to go on this one .

Plowboy

Plowboy

Website
I like the over the frame motor mounts pictured, They use stock Chevrolet motor mounts. I have the weld in with AA motor mounts. If I were to do it again I would use the over the frame. Much better mounting in my opinion. The stock motor mounts are not stronger, just a better configuration than the bolt through the donut of AA design. The AA design can elongate the hole in the weld-on bracket if you don't do regular maintance on your engine. Unfortunatly I don't know where to purchase the over the frame mounts. But they are out there someplace.

Gumby

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
I like those over the frame mounts as well. I just pulled the engine on the 40 and had to cut out and reweld the AA type mounts to correct the engine placement. I was very happy I had the kind of mounts that you can access all the bolts. The saddle type mounts were giving us fits on another vehicle in the shop that day.

K

KNUCKLEDRAGGER

I liked the bolt on's as well but have no experience with any of them. Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom