SBC miss. Trying to get the old girl back on the road. Chevy gurus please help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put new umbrella seals on the valves for number 7 cyl., PITA as you have to remove valve spring but thats the leak and why the plug fouls.

Put new umbrella seals on the valves for number 7 cyl., PITA as you have to remove valve spring but thats the leak and why the plug fouls.
I’ve not got any significant plug fouling… just not the tan colour it should be. I’ve used compressed air to do F valve seals in the past.

Sleeves work great with headers! I am more concerned about your fuel lines🙄thats a fire waiting to happen!!
Were you referring to my engine? (blue wires). I bought it this way so if there is a better way to route the fuel line I’d be interested to know.
Thanks

Figured out the last piece of the puzzle. The flick in the vacuum gauge got me thinking...

One (or more) of the intake valves was a bit too tight. Once the oil pressure built up it wouldn't close fully leading to some gases coming back into the intake. I systematically turned the engine over and adjusted each valve at TDC for that cylinder. Now the vacuum is 100% steady, power is back, and there are no tapping noises from any of the valves.

Only thing left to resolve is there is some old fuel & schmag in the bottom of the tank... every now and then it sucks some up and runs like garbage for a bit then it goes back to normal. If gas wasn't $8+/gallon I'd just drain it and get fresh. However, I put just put $90 worth of fuel in there when it started doing this thinking I was running out of fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom