Say you removed your Milford barrier . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
(permanently) . . . did you bother to cover up the holes in your headliner?

I did use a clear, liquid sewing glue to prevent unraveling of the cloth; but know it won't be pretty, considering headliner is in great shape.

TIA,

Maybe use something like a finishing plug as shown on page 3671 of McMaster-Carr You can usually find something like this at a hardware store. I take it you removed not only the barrier but also the installation hardware inside the roof knuckle so you are left with three holes per installation point?

Yes, I plan on removing the installation hardware.

Thought about cutting a piece of black, diamond plate plastic to serve as a cover on both sides; possibly attach w/velcro.

Would leave hardware in cruiser, but sourcing the hardware kit (as in for 2 mounting locations) has proven difficult.

The barrier came from MAF (removed from wreck) w/hardware for only one location.

whats a Milford barrier . . .

Thought about cutting a piece of black, diamond plate plastic to serve as a cover on both sides; possibly attach w/velcro.

Would leave hardware in cruiser, but sourcing the hardware kit (as in for 2 mounting locations) has proven difficult.

The barrier came from MAF (removed from wreck) w/hardware for only one location.

That's too bad. I purchased mine from a Milford dealer and it came with two sets of hardware for the roof knuckle mounts--one for forward (rear seat down) and one for rearward (rear seat up). There is just a single mounting location for the lower straps, but different length straps.

That's too bad. I purchased mine from a Milford dealer and it came with two sets of hardware for the roof knuckle mounts--one for forward (rear seat down) and one for rearward (rear seat up). There is just a single mounting location for the lower straps, but different length straps.

I got my milford from Midwest Land Cruiser Home Page. did you try to see if you could get extra hardware from them? Or try to hook up with one of the MUD guys from Austrailia. Maybe they can contact Milford directly for you.

As a last resort, the piect that fits into the knuckle wouldn't be that difficult to fabricate. A piece of strip steel with three holes drilled and tapped. Did you consider making some?

To keep your stuff separated from your passengers in the event of an accident or sudden stop (Cruisers stop super fast :))

I am not familiar with this brand, but most of the barriers that I have seen would do nothing but slow down my stuff in an accident. that is y i got a box that is strapped down to my cruiser to store all my stuff in, and as for the dog (100 lbs 9 month old bull mastiff PUPPY) I stick her in a crate.

Can't find it on the man a fre site any body know any one else who carries the Milford Cargo Barrier, I like it.

Never mind found it on re-read of the thread, should not scan and ask so fast.:whoops:

I got my milford from Midwest Land Cruiser Home Page. did you try to see if you could get extra hardware from them? Or try to hook up with one of the MUD guys from Austrailia. Maybe they can contact Milford directly for you.[/QUOTE]

THANX. I called Midwest LC over a year ago, authorized payment & intall kit never arrived. Was told they thought they had one.

I had good luck contacting Milford many years ago & they faxed instructions.

As I'm parting with my FJ62s, no longer have a need for the barrier = sell to someone who does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom