Sawyer Water Filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pretty much every back packer carries one of those. Most people use a little bit bigger water bladder. I paid 19 dollars and change for mine. 13 bucks is a good deal. Smart Water bottles screw right into the filter. I always carry 2.

I was looking at those this week. They do not filter viruses and I was going to get one that will. I think for use in North America it will do just fine.

I love mine. Small, light, works on crypto. It is good for solo hikes. When I go with some other people multi-day, one guy has a filter that does 4 liters at a time via gravity. The only way to go.

keep this in the back of your mind,,, once used the water in those fibers can render the filter useless if they freeze. that goes for all the fiber style filters, its not sawyer flaw.

i keep that same one, new and dry as a backup for my bigger gravity filter for just such occasion.

keep this in the back of your mind,,, once used the water in those fibers can render the filter useless if they freeze. that goes for all the fiber style filters, its not sawyer flaw.

i keep that same one, new and dry as a backup for my bigger gravity filter for just such occasion.

THANK YOU for this bit of info. I just went to the Sawyer site as I've got mine in the console in the truck. It's the .02 filter for
gravity feeding into 5 gal bucket. I had done a bunch of research but never gave freezing a thought. So I will now order a second
as a backup, so noted..

Here is from Sawyer FAQ's

"
Before initial wetting
Filter is safe from freezing temperatures if it has never been wetted.

After initial wetting
While there is no definitive way to tell if a filter has been damaged due to freezing, Sawyer recommends replacing your filter if you suspect that it has been frozen.

During trips
If you are in freezing temperatures, we recommend that you store your filter in your pocket or close to your person so that your body heat can prevent freezing. THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR A FROZEN FILTER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom