Saw this snorkel... thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m concerned about water injest from the wipers. That passenger wiper is going to move a lot of water to that upper corner in heavy rain.

Also from what I understand this is for dust use only. It’s not a water tight connection in the fender.

This was my thought, but from what everyone has said who has one it never gets enough in the air box that the filter gets wet, also a little silicone can make any connection water tight. I have come to learn that air filters/ engines can take rain they can not take rivers. Headers how ever can crack at the splash of cool water (well at least on my vw golf they did)

I like the sleek, well-integrated look of this snorkel. But I worry that full-length racks such as front-runner slimline, Rhino Pioneer, or the SSO rack will interfere with this snorkel; same worry for roof-top cargo boxes. I'm still waiting for others to report whether racks and cargo boxes work out with the snorkel.

You would probably have an issue with a wind deflector but I doubt with the rack itself.

I’m concerned about water injest from the wipers. That passenger wiper is going to move a lot of water to that upper corner in heavy rain.

You would need a lot more than just rain water coming off of the windshield to stall out the motor, if that's what your worried about. You might be able to get the filter a little wet, but you just won't have enough there to do any damage to the engine. I haven't looked at the bottom of the GX box, does it not have a dust collector ?

@Kelevra Did you get this snorkel installed on your truck? What's your experience with it so far?

I emailed the site (lenzdesign) but they never replied.

Yes, I did receive the Snorkel. We have not installed it yet, looks really good and the construction is top notch.
The had some holidays, comes from Israel, maybe email them again. Albert was very good about getting back to us.

I ordered one on the 10th but nothing yet. Did they send you a shipping confirmation?

Yes, They did. It did take a little longer than quoted. It was not a problem because we are still building up the GX. I think they had some holidays around the time we ordered one.
My wife said 5 or 6 weeks total, to receive it.
Here is their email address lenzdesignauto@gmail.com. Again, Albert was good about keeping us informed.

We had to shave a bit off of our rack when we installed the Lenz Snorkel.
4wM%FPw%RmKZHjJ9RcJbMw.jpg

recent reports have been negative seems that the quality has dropped from the first few batches.

I've ordered a Lenz Design snorkel for my 2005 Toyota Prado back in september 2019. It arrived broken + the quality wasn't up to my expectations. It felt really cheaply made and I'm convinced I got a product of lesser quality than the ones they show on their website. Anyway, it was broken (see pcitures) so I e-mailed with Albert to send it back and to get my money reimbursed. He agreed.

It was quiet complicated to ship the snorkel back to Israel from Belgium. Finally, on the 11th of february 2020 Evgenia, Albert's assistent, admitted that the snorkel was in Israel. This was after four reminders after the last contact.

Some more correspondence. She needed some bank detials to reimburse me, which I provided on the 27th of february 2020. Since then, I haven't received anything. I've sent 5 reminders... no answer. I've tried mail, Facebook, Instagram... With shipping + costums this broken snorkel, which I don't have anymore, costed me € 450,00 ($ 500,00).

I strongly advise everybody on this forum to not do business with these people. The product is of very poor quality and the customer service is non existent. If 34 e-mails + other messages don't get this issue sorted, I don't know what will.

Albert & Evgenia: you clearly outsmarted me and kept me busy for nearly five months. I hope you enjoy the € 360,00 (price of the actual snorkel) you stole from me and wish you all the best with the business.

Kind regards,
Cedric

Broken_Snorkel_1.jpg

Broken_Snorkel_2.jpg

I've ordered a Lenz Design snorkel for my 2005 Toyota Prado back in september 2019. It arrived broken + the quality wasn't up to my expectations. It felt really cheaply made and I'm convinced I got a product of lesser quality than the ones they show on their website. Anyway, it was broken (see pcitures) so I e-mailed with Albert to send it back and to get my money reimbursed. He agreed.

It was quiet complicated to ship the snorkel back to Israel from Belgium. Finally, on the 11th of february 2020 Evgenia, Albert's assistent, admitted that the snorkel was in Israel. This was after four reminders after the last contact.

Some more correspondence. She needed some bank detials to reimburse me, which I provided on the 27th of february 2020. Since then, I haven't received anything. I've sent 5 reminders... no answer. I've tried mail, Facebook, Instagram... With shipping + costums this broken snorkel, which I don't have anymore, costed me € 450,00 ($ 500,00).

I strongly advise everybody on this forum to not do business with these people. The customer service is non existent. If 34 e-mails + other messages don't get this issue sorted, I don't know what will.

Albert & Evgenia: you clearly outsmarted me and kept me busy for nearly five months. I hope you enjoy the € 360,00 (price of the actual snorkel) you stole from me and wish you all the best with the business.

Kind regards,
Cedric

View attachment 2276217

View attachment 2276218
Update 23 april 2020: I just received my money back. It's not my style to complain out in the open but they left me no choice. I'm still quiet upset that it took over five months but at least they did the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom