Saw the silver one today - Fort Worth Auto Show (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wasn't able to crawl around in it or anything - it was roped off and sitting up on fiberglass rocks (just a tad gay) but it looked pretty good.

It didn't have the "presence" that I thought it would. The street tires it had on it probably didn't help.

For anyone in the area who may be considering buying one, the guy that I spoke with in the booth was from Freeman Toyota (in the mid cities) and he said that they won't be tacking on extra cost due to the popularity (rumor has it many dealerships will add thousands to the price due to the popularity/rarity) - they're expecting to be sold out of them quickly. The sales guy said they have had a bunch of people coming in placing orders already, and getting on the "buy" list. It's like the Tickle Me Elmo on an automotive scale...

I was kinda disapointed that they trailered it out there. But the undercarriage was covered in mud. they didnt was under it I guess. I was down there on wed when everyone was moving in, and was able to get alot closer, the outside is cool, but the inside is really plain, almost uncomfortable imo. but I am biased a little because of the cars that I am around all day. I was however impressed with the GX470, if the FJ drives anything like that (should, similiar platform), then it will be a good driving vehicle.

I'm holding off until I can drive the thing before I make any decissions, too.

Had the sales guy I talked to call me yesterday to see if I wanted to put the deposit in on one (to get on the list) and that they're not expecting to have one to test drive until July. I told him I wasn't in a hurry and to keep me on the list, but no deposit.

I'm waiting for a white one, and also to see what demographic actually buys these. Funny if it turns out to be a big gay ride, or old ladies with their pants pulled up to their titties.

beaufort-fj60 said:
I'm waiting for a white one, and also to see what demographic actually buys these. Funny if it turns out to be a big gay ride, or old ladies with their pants pulled up to their titties.

yes, this actually happened with the matrix and the scion xa.

target market: gen-y
actual market: blue hairs

Hey now, I pull my pants up to my titties…

Same deal with the Xterra around here, pretty much.

Target: Rock climbing kyakers with trust-funds
Actual: chubby mexican girls or chubby nurses

swank60 said:

Same deal with the Xterra around here, pretty much.

Target: Rock climbing kyakers with trust-funds
Actual: chubby mexican girls or chubby nurses

booyaw, got it. xterra is a big girl magnet.:grinpimp:

swank60 said:
Hmm...what about if your titties droop to your pants.....and you're a guy? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom