Saw the "FJ CO FJ62" out in the wild today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1986 FJ62 - Olive - FJ62-048089 - https://www.fj.co/detail/1986-Land-Cruiser-FJ62_254
1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-toyota-land-cruiser-fj62/

Saw this beautiful yet pricey wagon out in the wild today, also saw it at my local cars and coffee a year ago or so, the owner was pretty pretentious, but I did overhear him talking about spending nearly $310,000 on this cruiser... that is ABSURD TO ME. What do yall think about this build, and that pricetag?

IMG_2564.JPG
IMG_2561.JPG
IMG_2557.JPG
IMG_2559.JPG
IMG_2560.JPG

these guys are on glue

Beautiful build.

If you can afford $300K on any vehicle, you don't have to worry about the $300K.

I don't understand it, but there's obviously a market for things such as this or those companies wouldn't exist very long.

How come North Carolina looks like Santa Monica?

really nice truck. No effing way; it's a Toyota, not a house.

On the money side of things, I remember reading about someone who was "money adjacent" (friends with the daughter of someone with real wealth as I recall). I forget the exact, very long winded, details used but the bottom line was that a $500k purchase was akin to one of us mere mortals buying a cup of coffee. A non-event.

How come North Carolina looks like Santa Monica?
Wrightsville Beach, the smaller Santa Monica clone on this coast haha, you have to have BANK to live on this little island, thus why this car is here.
For a big buck 60 series I would expect the H55 and EFI. I'd also prefer an OEM color. Money apparently isn't an object if there's 300K into this.
The part that hurt the most last year is the guy driving didn't even know it had an inline 6, let alone what the engine was called or anything, just knew it was a "1986 Land Cruiser" essentially a cup of coffee, no more thought put into it than "oh that looks sweet, mine now" I kept asking him about specs of the car and a minute into the conversation I realized he knew nothing more than it being a cool old Toyota
That license plate is illegal.

NC lets you run a vintage plate, but its supposed to be the year of manufacture.
YUP! then again I don't think they have to be too worried about any fines they might get.

Was up for auction in September and didn't sell

Edit: Didn't see it linked in the original post nevermind lol

Frankly, hideous looking. Regardless of cost. Cost is even more hedious. Stupid decisions are expensive. Does not mean folks have to pay for stupidity of others. If you can afford it, maybe that does not matter. The world does have to go round and it takes all kinds. I will laugh myself out of this room. No need to comment on my opinion. I am out.

300K! :rofl:.

Though I love the old skool vibe of the 60-series wagons, I really got into them for their off-road prowess, cargo capacity, and relative mechanical simplicity. For that kind of money, one could buy and import a brand new 70-series and still have a lot of money left over to customize and squirrel away parts.

But obviously, it's clear for the OPs conversation with the owner, the purchase was for reasons most of us will never have the luxury of knowing.

:meh:

I could see a restoration costing over 300k. Removing a fj60 body, putting it on a rotisserie, then removing every speck of rust would be very labor intensive. I'm guessing their labor rate is 150ish an hour. For example on a 60, i would remove the roof, treat all hidden rust, then reinstall. Does fjco go that far? I doubt it, but at that level they should. On top of that typically at that level of money every part available new from toyota is replaced. Items not available new are restored-more labor. In that case it adds up fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom