Saving a ‘79 Fj40 in Ontario, Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which part of Ontario, wow, you are brave, they sure look sweet when all put back together. Am going to follow along on this, looks like you can do a lot yourself which will save some big dollars in the build.

And the awesome new (to me) 1979 Warn 8274 fitted. And believe it or not, it was made only one month before the truck came off the assembly line.
View attachment 3154079

And once again, showing off the knuckles. I'm very proud of these as they took so much time and effort to get right.
View attachment 3154080

Stay tuned for more updates in the next couple months as I build the tub I will be fitting. There is a list of improvements I'm making and details I'm ironing out. I am thinking I'll start a new thread going into lots of details on the Aqualu tubs. I'll point out the things that I have changed and will be looking for comments from others with experience putting Aqualu product on their rigs. Feel free to send me a PM if you have experience with this and some improvements you would like made to the tubs!

Stunning work so far!
Please spend some time and make a detailed post on fitting a Aqualu tub to a fj40.
I can't believe that over the years no one has put together a good step by step for fitting and preparing a Aqualu tub to a 40.
If you are going for a stock look please detail how you need to set up the blind nuts for things like the hard top, side and rear doors and interior fittings like seats rear heaters and roll bars.
I have always wanted to do a aqualu tub on mine but the "details" part of the build eludes me.

Which part of Ontario, wow, you are brave, they sure look sweet when all put back together. Am going to follow along on this, looks like you can do a lot yourself which will save some big dollars in the build.
Thanks! I’m from the Newmarket area. Are you from Ontario? And yes, it definitely helps doing a lot yourself. But most importantly, it means everything is done exactly how I want it done

Stunning work so far!
Please spend some time and make a detailed post on fitting a Aqualu tub to a fj40.
I can't believe that over the years no one has put together a good step by step for fitting and preparing a Aqualu tub to a 40.
If you are going for a stock look please detail how you need to set up the blind nuts for things like the hard top, side and rear doors and interior fittings like seats rear heaters and roll bars.
I have always wanted to do a aqualu tub on mine but the "details" part of the build eludes me.
Thank you! Yes, that’s the plan. There’s a couple things I’ve been suggested. I’m definitely going for a stock form and function. I will be sure to post details on what I’ve chosen to do for everything. Unless I can find a better solution, I think my main plan of attack for the blind nuts is to use yellow zinc plated rivnuts. Preventing corrosion is the trickiest thing here. I’m thinking I’ll put a generous amount of sealant (sikaflex) and then paint over everything to seal it better. (I’m actually going to powdercoat the whole body). Ambulance door hinges will probably end up being a plate I’ll make for the inside. I will detail all of this in another thread in the next couple months and put a link here to it.

Cheers

Great work so far love seeing the progress. Congrats on finding a job that you are passionate about and will enjoy! I’m looking at going the aqualu tub route within the next couple years. This is huge to see your write up and follow along with the design changes as I work towards getting to the tub phase of my build.

Great work so far love seeing the progress. Congrats on finding a job that you are passionate about and will enjoy! I’m looking at going the aqualu tub route within the next couple years. This is huge to see your write up and follow along with the design changes as I work towards getting to the tub phase of my build.
Thank you. I feel very lucky to be able to do what I love :) that’s great! I am making changes and improving the aqualu tubs along the way. Please do follow along with my aqualu thread when I make it. I’m really hoping to give people on here a detailed look into how it works and I’m hungry for feedback especially on the tub design!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom