Saved by the Scangauge II (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a Scangauge II this past Xmas and hooked it up. Water temp was maxing out at 190 on the highway and 193 in traffic. Recently, I noticed my water temp rising to 195 on the highway and up to 202 in traffic during 50 degree days. I felt this was a little high and was starting to concern me.

This Weekend, I replaced the water pump, thermostat and belts and performed a radiator flush. Now temp is 182 to 184 on the highway and maxes out at 186 in heavy traffic during 50 degree days.

I took the old thermostat and put it in some boiling water. The most it would open was about 1/16 of an inch. I am positive that my thermostat was failing and I had a flow restriction. If I would have run this in the summer with 90+ degree days, I am positive that I would have some major overheating problems. Thanks to the precise measurement of the Scangauge II, I was able to detect this problem before it became a serious issue. :cheers:

I have been wanting to add a scanguage to my 97. Where did you mount it? Got any pics?

nice work.

I gotta get me one of them

:doh:

Scangauge II seems like a great investment. It sounds so cool to be able to monitor what's going on in the engine.

I've seen on e-bay some vendors advertise the software version like 3.15, but I was wondering how easy it was to upgrade the software in case I get one with an older software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom