Builds Saudi Arabia: 1982 FJ45 Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6485A861-868D-468B-A3B2-854F08B48F00.jpeg
67965583-A610-465E-AEE0-362002DED3C3.jpeg
F712B32D-A6BE-44FA-A887-6FF12BCDA54C.jpeg
BE747D84-E496-47FB-B46A-0797F90C6964.jpeg
DFF9E102-7C1A-4DF8-B492-5EA6531B189D.jpeg

With the stock heater on an FJ40, you should be able to take out 3-4 screws and unplug a wiring connector to remove the fan on the top half of that "box" where the intake and such is and see exactly how it works and it's current condition. There should (at least on ~70's US import) be a cable pull on the dash marked "fresh"(?) that moves a flap back and forth inside that box, under the fan.

And, even with that water valve closed, it's not going to totally stop the transfer of heat, only really slowing down the flow of water on one side.

Plenty of guy's on the board in the US from places like Montana and Colorado that are probably very familiar with the system (where it gets kinda hot in summer, and really cold in winter).
Thanks. I opened up the heater. All seems good. The flap which is controlled by the the knob marked “fresh” is working fine. Will investigate further when the engine is hot. It is summer here and that hot air coming out is not very comfortable ...

Nice, thanks for posting. By the looks of it using this means cancelling any heating option, right? Or does it heat as well? Here in the tip of Africa summers are hot and winters cold and wet, so we need both ...

It has a temp control dial along with fan speed. I've not tried the heat as we have plenty of that here:D

Just went through your thread again for the second or third time. Definitely one of the threads that inspired my Troopy search in The Kingdom.

This thread and, some early texts with @boozewz, are what inspired to me start hunting in earnest for a 40-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom