Saturn Overdrive (1 Viewer)

Ranger Overdrive to Ramjet 350

:steer:Anyone have any experince with the saturn overdrive. I'm thinking of using one between a ramjet 350 and my 4sp.

Also I want thank everyone for the great write ups I have learned so much keep up the work. I hope to have my own write up soon on my 60.

Last edited:

ntsqd

technerd

Ranger OD then, the Saturn is the old Warn OD for Dana 18 transfers cases. No experience though, sorry.

35inchoverdrive

Forge Specialties
If you're going with a GM V8, it might be easier and cheaper to put a used NV4500 behind it. I don't know if you've got access to a used overdrive unit, but junkyard trannys are pretty cheap.

ntsqd

technerd

Which 4 sp?

I can see an advantage in being able to split gears with it. Rather than 5 speeds fwd you'd have 8.

Were it me & I was buying one new I'd opt for the under-drive version. That means that top gear is all direct, no power flowing through counter shaft bearings & gears. It also means that you can run a taller final drive with it's stronger pinion gear.
These are all sublties, but those can add up.
I've never understood why an OD. A lower first gear with a direct top gear and more gears in between makes more sense to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom