Saturday trip to the pines...N of Chevelon Canyon Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cook and I escaped the heat this last weekend. It was nice to cool off and get out of the heat. Kids had a great time too. No hard wheeling but plenty of dirt road.

A man and his dog.
cook looking good.jpg

The water had tons of crawdads. So many that Porter was scared to swim. Here I'm trying to convince the kids that they aren't going to kill and eat you. Had fire restrictions been less restrictive I would have cooked (pun intended) a few.
crawdad.jpg

cook looking good.jpg

crawdad.jpg

Last edited:
Where at Chevelon Lake did you stop at? I've been looking on Google Maps how best to try and access the south side of the lake near Chevelon Creek. I want to bring down a float tube but not sure of how steep the terrain is.

Thanks in advance for any info..

We were N of the lake and the approach was .5 miles. I didn't go far down the creek but it didn't seem like a tube friendly creek...to shallow.

Where at Chevelon Lake did you stop at? I've been looking on Google Maps how best to try and access the south side of the lake near Chevelon Creek. I want to bring down a float tube but not sure of how steep the terrain is.

Thanks in advance for any info..

There is a trail down to the south end of the lake from the end of the road. Steep, but people take rafts and tubes down there...

the lake

Just spent the last three days at Chevelon lake. At the end of a pretty rough road, there is a equally rough, rocky trail to the lake. It's about a quarter mile down. We hauled some canoes down there and used them to paddle over the cliff jumping spot. The trail out with the canoes is difficult, but doable. :)

Just spent the last three days at Chevelon lake. At the end of a pretty rough road, there is a equally rough, rocky trail to the lake. It's about a quarter mile down. We hauled some canoes down there and used them to paddle over the cliff jumping spot. The trail out with the canoes is difficult, but doable. :)
:eek: :lol: I bet about halfway up you were wishing for the trail to look like this! (Nov '11)

_MG_0138trailer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom