Saturday 11/28 Wheeling, Walnut Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saturday: Walnut Canyon; meeting at Basha's in Gold Canyon at 8:30am.

Walnut Canyon: very scenic, not very difficult. We had adopted a stock FJC and brought them along the entire trail last time - that was New Year's day '09; a few ruts and washed-out spots. Stem-loop trail. Landscape is mountains, canyons, Gila river. Trail starts at Battleaxe turnoff off 177 southeast of Superior. Meeting spot would be Basha's at Gold Canyon, then caravan off to Superior.
fj_meet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
landscape is fantastic :bounce:

pretty sure I will be in for this one :bounce:

i'll be there w/ Brody.

Thats some real scenic country through there :bounce2:

anyone got any pictures from previous runs of this trail?

What is the approximate distance from Cactus and the 101 N. Scottsdale to Bashas? How far to trail head? Still got Fam in town so, I need to get away for at least a little while. I haven't been out that way yet so it is all new to me.

Last edited:
What is the approximate distance from Cactus and the 101 N. Scottsdale to Bashas? How far to trail head? Still got Fam in town so, I need to get away for at least a little while. I haven't been out that way yet so it is all new to me.

Driving the 40 from your house give yourself 45-50mins if you can run art 65MPH

YES I can drive 65. Hegar is the one who can't drive 55. What time at Bashas? Phil you going, driving, or riding? Or at la playa? At this moment, I don't have anyone riding shotgun.

YES I can drive 65. Hegar is the one who can't drive 55. What time at Bashas? Phil you going, driving, or riding? Or at la playa? At this moment, I don't have anyone riding shotgun.

I was at the lake all day and Im beat.

You kids have fun:popcorn:

I was just puttin that out there for all the post counters!!

Driving the 40 from your house give yourself 45-50mins if you can run art 65MPH

it takes us a good hour taking Beeline from Fountain Hills, and I drive faster than 65 :hillbilly:

The Basha is a bit west of the McDonalds / Shell Gas station on Hwy 60, on the north side as well, correct?

Yes, it's before the Shell station on the North side of 60. There is some brand of fast food in the Basha's parking lot, don't remember the brand?

IIRC it's a Jack-in-the-Box

Me and Dorie are out. Our celing fan project today turned into a major reconstruction. We will be painting and mudding all day Saturday.:crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom