Saturday 11-24 FR160 to Sugarloaf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same as last year, see you there!!!! :cheers:

Why would you be meeting out on Rio Verde Rd instead of the Beeline? I was under the impression FR160 was basically Sycamore Creek up to Sugarloaf? Are you planing on crossing the Verde near Rio Verde? BTW, I'm in.

Why would you be meeting out on Rio Verde Rd instead of the Beeline? I was under the impression FR160 was basically Sycamore Creek up to Sugarloaf? Are you planing on crossing the Verde near Rio Verde? BTW, I'm in.
Yup, that's the plan. We did it the same way just a year ago. River looks to be lower than last year. Just drove over it twice today. Just got back from the Log Corral run. Western end of this trail gets almost no traffic. It will be classified as "Admin Only" when the Travel Management Plan is locked into place. Last year we found several spots that required additional technical assistance to allow us to proceed. John

Western end of this trail gets almost no traffic. It will be classified as "Admin Only" when the Travel Management Plan is locked into place. Last year we found several spots that required additional technical assistance to allow us to proceed. John

By "western end" do you mean when it gets down to FR393? That has always been the easy part. It's the eastern side that I've found to always be difficult.

By "western end" do you mean when it gets down to FR393? That has always been the easy part. It's the eastern side that I've found to always be difficult.
West end meaning just south of Needle Rock park, where it crosses the river.

I'm going to try to make it.:cool:

Tools R Us said:
Woody broke the intertardweb.:eek:

River flow is at 202cfs, good to go.

Thought meet time was 09:30. Kept trying to check Mud, but as Kevin said, it was broke. So, tried to catch up, got yo the shell about 9:35, Kevin's cel no work, John's was off, so I missed ya'll and ended up exploring the web trails at the end of Rio Verde and doing some other exploring.

Thought meet time was 09:30. Kept trying to check Mud, but as Kevin said, it was broke. So, tried to catch up, got yo the shell about 9:35, Kevin's cel no work, John's was off, so I missed ya'll and ended up exploring the web trails at the end of Rio Verde and doing some other exploring.

Would a Ham radio help in this situation?

Tools R Us said:
Bummer, we weren't far ahead, pulled out at ~9:25.

We are meeting at Gold Canyon Bashas at 9:00am.

Gotta be at the airport by 2:30 tomorrow. i figured I just missed you and picked up some ch4 chatter, but I got to wheel with the Sheriff's Deputy:)

medtro said:
Would a Ham radio help in this situation?

It wouldn't have made me any earlier;)

Gotta be at the airport by 2:30 tomorrow. i figured I just missed you and picked up some ch4 chatter, but I got to wheel with the Sheriff's Deputy:)

there's got to be a story there :hmm:

My cell was on. ;)

Note to self: Ask Santa for a Ham Radio and someone to talk on it as I talk on the CB.....

good to see more 40s on the trail today :bounce:

azTony said:
My cell was on. ;)

Note to self: Ask Santa for a Ham Radio and someone to talk on it as I talk on the CB.....

I thought of you, Tony, and checked my contact list - you're not there. That can be remedied...

I had thought of that a while back that we should have each others numbers as well as a contact (spouse) for each of us as we'll. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom