Satoshi style grill mesh kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CJK

SILVER Star
Threads
I really wanted to update the look of the grill as the Toyota sombrero ain't my jam. A couple months ago, I reached out to Matt at Custom Car Grills to ask when/how a product might be developed for us 80 series owners.

There's several threads in the past of people doing the Satoshi grill mods, with many people asking for a pre-cut mesh panel they can fit into their grill to lower the banana rating

After a few months of back-and-forth, I'm pleased to share that Matt finished the product for pre-cut mesh panels that fit into the 80 series grill opening (early and late models). Install is relatively simple (cut the inner section of your grill, install pre-cut mesh panel, epoxy mesh panel to grill bezel) and made easier by the install video created by Matt.

Install is really simple (Maybe 1.5 :banana: since you need to cut plastic and paint)

Price for the mesh is $80, with the option to add emblems for additional money.

Below is a pic of it installed...I still need to (paint the other chrome bits black to match)
1665788482209.jpeg

DISCLAIMER: I received free labor in exchange for Matt using my grill when filming the product install video. I paid for all materials and shipping and have no financial incentive in promoting the product. I just think it's a cool product and wanted to share.

Very nice look. Any chance of getting the mesh in chrome to match the existing surround?

Anybody have pics of how that might look?

Nice work.

Just some feedback for Matt. His color choices for color matched emblems are based off 100 series color codes and names.

Very nice look. Any chance of getting the mesh in chrome to match the existing surround?

Anybody have pics of how that might look?

He sells that same mesh material (Performance GT) with a silver finish but not chrome on his website. You can reach out to Matt (info@customcargrills.com) to inquire.

Nice work.

Just some feedback for Matt. His color choices for color matched emblems are based off 100 series color codes and names.

That’s good feedback. I’ll find the 80 series color codes and send them to him. I’m still waiting for a Lexus emblem to arrive since I’m fancy 🎩🧐
That is really sharp! I too wish the chrome were an option. Love the retro toyota script like the 60 series.
Chrome for the mesh or the emblem? If there’s interest for a few of them, maybe you guys could ask if Matt has a chrome plater nearby that could accommodate. He’s super reasonable, so it couldn’t hurt to ask.

I’ve been digging mine thanks to @CJK it isn’t the same exact product as what Matt is selling but the look is essentially the same, assuming you paint your factory grill surround.

May sound trivial but I did notice a slight reduction in coolant temps vs my 91-94 grill, thru my Koso gauge. About 3-5 degrees cooler.

1828AA87-1CAD-4E95-94C1-A37E3EB4F444.jpeg
7D85A262-349A-43C8-872D-1CEC31ED4008.jpeg
96F346DF-3D10-4D63-ADCC-C9BA3267F611.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: CJK
I’ve been digging mine thanks to @CJK it isn’t the same exact product as what Matt is selling but the look is essentially the same, assuming you paint your factory grill surround.

May sound trivial but I did notice a slight reduction in coolant temps vs my 91-94 grill, thru my Koso gauge. About 3-5 degrees cooler.
That’s awesome to hear that you both dig it and you’re observing lower coolant temps! that makes sense that it would help coolant temps as compared to the 91-94 grill since there’s less obstruction for air flow.

You actually got the first prototype 😉 …because i forgot that the early and late model grills are different size 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom