Sat, Dec 19th Flagpole Run- vote for the time (1 Viewer)

What’s a good time to head out and are you coming?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diff Kraken

SILVER Star
Threads
DOUBLE EDIT: DUE TO ICE IM PRETTY SURE THIS HAS BEEN ESSENTIALLY CANCELED. CHECK END OF THREAD FOR LATEST

EDIT: SNOW AND ICE WILL BE ON THIS TRAIL OVER THE WEEKEND. AS A RESULT, SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE DECIDED NOT TO GO- MYSELF INCLUDED. THERE MAY BE A COUPLE FOLKS STILL GOING. PLEASE CHECK THE LATEST POSTS IN THIS THREAD FOR INFORMATION ON TIME AND LOCATION FOR THIS MEETUP. THANKS- BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN OUT THERE.

December is turning out to be a month full of club activities. That’s really good to see and hope y’all keep it up in January too.

I know some folks just did a flagpole run today but we’re still doing next Saturday, Dec 19th.

Need to pick a time- please pick a time above and let me know if you’re coming out so we get an idea of how many trucks to expect.

Thanks!

Here is info for the run:

Saturday, December 19th @ Flagpole

The trail is easy to sort of moderate in a few spots. Should be ok with a stock truck or suv.
Below are the details. Shamelessly stolen from @afgman786 post on this from last time.
forum.ih8mud.com

February Trail Ride (Valentines Run) Feb 21st
Posting up to see if anyone would be interested in doing a run in February like we did this past V-day weekend. I was thinking same set up? Run Flagpole Knob people can camp or do the same hotel as 2019's run. The below link is for the past run...
forum.ih8mud.com
forum.ih8mud.com

We will stop for lunch at the top with a view. Bring normal stuff like food, water, full size spare tire, first aid kit, some folks will have radios, tools, recovery gear etc. Please also be paid up on your CLCC or other local TLCA chapter dues- I’m speaking as a member and friend of the club not as a club official.

Lodging if needed:
The Village Inn
4979 S. VALLEY PIKE, HARRISONBURG, VA 22801
RESERVATIONS: (540) 434-7355

Call and make reservations or go online. They will take a credit card but not charge until you check in, so you can pay however you would like.

Trail Ride:
Be ready to roll out at xxxAM(?) Saturday morning Dec 19. On google maps we will go from Union Springs, VA> Flagpole Knob, VA > Switzerdam, VA

Plan is to head to Union Springs from The Village Inn to start the trail ride. Be ready to leave the parking lot by (?). Should be a good time. plan on stopping for lunch in the trail at flagpole Knob then finishing the trail ride.

COMMS:
CLCC channel 3 (for out of the box Midland/Cobra Type radios, that would be ch16 w/ DCS Privacy Code 68

Trail head:
If you won't be at The Village Inn parking lot by xxxAM(?), here is the staging point for where we will air down.
Dropped pin
Near Ashby, VA 22821

maps.app.goo.gl

38°29'57.2"N 79°06'18.5"W
Ashby, VA 22821
maps.app.goo.gl
maps.app.goo.gl

Trail Map:

1607394293464.png

If I missed anything feel free to add more info! Thanks!

PS- ill update the time in this post once I get votes locked in.

Last edited:
How about a Wednesday snow run?

I'll put myself as a maybe for now. Will try to be there

Keep this in mind - This Wednesday there's going to be a coastal storm that's predicted to dump a LOT of snow in the Mid-Atlantic. (My area will get MAYBE over 12 inches of snow)
Come Saturday - at the top of Flag Pole, and Meadow Knob there could be a LOT of snow, and definitely ICE.
If you go be prepared for getting yourself, or others up some tricky spots. I know - I've winter wheeled that area a LOT! ALWAYS FUN!!

Keep this in mind - This Wednesday there's going to be a coastal storm that's predicted to dump a LOT of snow in the Mid-Atlantic. (My area will get MAYBE over 12 inches of snow)
Come Saturday - at the top of Flag Pole, and Meadow Knob there could be a LOT of snow, and definitely ICE.
If you go be prepared for getting yourself, or others up some tricky spots. I know - I've winter wheeled that area a LOT! ALWAYS FUN!!

That's what I'm hoping for.. could be fun could be a poop show

That's what I'm hoping for.. could be fun could be a poop show

Don't take my post the wrong way. For experienced off-roaders it will be FUN!! Just be prepared for drivers who haven't had the experience of driving through ice and snow. For instance - MUD tires do not work as well in ice and snow as do All Terrain tires do.

Not sure if we can make it or not - too close to the time when our kids and grand kids are arriving. My wife is in full 'TURN THE HOUSE 180 DEGREES MODE'! I'm sure y'all know how that is....LOL!!
:rolleyes:

Yeah, if it's dicey conditions I'm out but I figure we don't need to make that call until we see the precip.

I can meet y'all at the air down spot (local). Snow or not sounds fun to me. I got 2x midland radios I can bring.

We'll definitely need at least 3 trucks to make a run at it. I may just pull the 80's front sway bar off and take it instead of the Tacoma. But I guess we'll see how the rest of the week shapes up.

With all the rain today and Wednesday forecast, this might not be an easy trail ride... hopefully we still have enough people that want to give it a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom