Sat, Dec 19th Flagpole Run- vote for the time (1 Viewer)

What’s a good time to head out and are you coming?

• Total voters
Some of that will depend on if anyone tries the trail before we do.

You can bet on it. Plus there are stretches that are wet all the time. With temps in the teens and twenties it will be SLICK.
Still - I wish that I could be joining this run, but with family arriving this weekend - it ain't happening.
Winter wheeling is THE BEST!! Just be prepared for the worse, and enjoy the ride!

PRADO3

SILVER Star
You can bet on it. Plus there are stretches that are wet all the time. With temps in the teens and twenties it will be SLICK.
Still - I wish that I could be joining this run, but with family arriving this weekend - it ain't happening.
Winter wheeling is THE BEST!! Just be prepared for the worse, and enjoy the ride!
I can’t make this afterall and the ice doesn’t sound like a great idea in my family’s only vehicle. Y’all be safe and have fun out there!

Yeah I’ve done that run in icy conditions. There is a lot of shady spots the sun doesn’t see. We might get a little sun tomorrow but the low for the night is 16 degrees. I imagine it will def be SLICK! Like in “as slick as snot on a river rock”. That being said if my parents can watch the kid I’m probably still in! 😂

PRADO3

SILVER Star
So who all is still going and at what time are we meeting?
I recommend folks update their votes on the posted poll at the top of this thread. If you’re planning to go and have a preferred time please select. Also see if the village inn is convenient for you to meet up. Alternatively, I know we met at a school parking lot nearby early in 2019.

afgman786

SILVER Star
I'd actually prefer people post up saying they're definitely going to show up instead of the poll so we know who to expect. I would still be interested in giving it a shot, if its too icy and sketchy I've got no problem accepting that and turning around.

What about meeting at the start of union springs instead? For those still interested in going does a 930 meet up sound good at the below location?

VA-933
VA-933, Dayton, VA 22821

iptman

SILVER Star
I'd still like to give it a try but not knowing the trail it's hard to make a judgement call on it. With 4 kids with me I'm not trying to do anything too risky. Would also like to confirm we have 3+ trucks, including 1 or more with a winch. My Tacoma is lifted on 285 KO2s and does have sliders but no front or rear armor. It does have the OEM front tow hook, not sure what it has out back.

I know the trail well. I think it will be really icy. I’ve done it in those conditions though with success. I don’t think I will be attending tomorrow though.

afgman786

SILVER Star
The more I think about it.. the smart decision might be to move this to another date... The ice won't be fun, and if its a thick enough layer that's just going to make it even worse. If only it was inches of snow instead

iptman

SILVER Star
I'm fine with pushing this out as well. Still need to find something to do with the kids to give the wife a break though. :bang: Hopefully Skyline Drive isn't closed down.

I'm fine with pushing this out as well. Still need to find something to do with the kids to give the wife a break though. :bang: Hopefully Skyline Drive isn't closed down.
Bit of a trek but this has certainly been popular since it opened a few weeks ago.

Yeah it’s a bummer. It just hasn’t been warm or sunny enough the last couple days. Very shady up there too of course doesn’t help. I agree. Would be awesome if it was just some nice powder. I can’t say for sure it will be a skating rink up there but I would put money on it. Ha

Also the low for tonight is 17 degrees. And that’s in town. I imagine several degrees lower up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom