Sat, Dec 19th Flagpole Run- vote for the time (1 Viewer)

What’s a good time to head out and are you coming?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I went up near there to check it out. Eastern facing slopes had virtually no snow, western facing slope were covered and icy as could. Ass end slid around a lot, had to go 2 mph on easy easy track to not feel like I was gonna fly off the cliff.
743D1F29-8933-4037-B2D0-D6A1C86888CD.jpeg

0F0F1A00-EB5F-42A7-BE3D-8704BD1DEEFA.jpeg

both photos on the same road.

I hope you did not go at it alone. I went up 2nd mountain trail years ago looking for some friends. I got as far as just past the second set of power lines. I got hung up in my 85 runner on 35's and lockers. I tried winching out, battery died, I could not get it to restart. Hiked out to 33 and east to the little store only to use the phone and call a cab back to Mass of nothing for the night. Found some local guys from the local 4 wheel drive club to help me go get it the next day. Installed a new battery and all was good. Now another truck broke on the way out which lead us back into town to get parts, then back up the trail to repair broken truck and drive out. Lets just say I will not go wheeling alone again! The trail and roads were covered in snow too. I got stuck in an area that I could not turn around in.

I hope you did not go at it alone. I went up 2nd mountain trail years ago looking for some friends. I got as far as just past the second set of power lines. I got hung up in my 85 runner on 35's and lockers. I tried winching out, battery died, I could not get it to restart. Hiked out to 33 and east to the little store only to use the phone and call a cab back to Mass of nothing for the night. Found some local guys from the local 4 wheel drive club to help me go get it the next day. Installed a new battery and all was good. Now another truck broke on the way out which lead us back into town to get parts, then back up the trail to repair broken truck and drive out. Lets just say I will not go wheeling alone again! The trail and roads were covered in snow too. I got stuck in an area that I could not turn around in.
I sure did. I'm local and I make sure a couple in town have my location and tell em when I expect to be back, and I know where I can walk to service. I bring everything I need to stay a night and stay warm even I'm not planning to. Makes it exciting.

I sure did. I'm local and I make sure a couple in town have my location and tell em when I expect to be back, and I know where I can walk to service. I bring everything I need to stay a night and stay warm even I'm not planning to. Makes it exciting.
As long as the tiki bar is stocked, you would've been fine lol

So I went up near there to check it out. Eastern facing slopes had virtually no snow, western facing slope were covered and icy as could. Ass end slid around a lot, had to go 2 mph on easy easy track to not feel like I was gonna fly off the cliff. View attachment 2529515
View attachment 2529516
both photos on the same road.
Text me next time you go.

I went up the back of reddish knob today. It was mostly clear but definitely a few icy spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom