Sat April 27 Macho Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
I am officially submitting April 27, 2013 as Macho day. And how do we celebrate? I am thinking wheeling the Cruisers to a location where we can legally shoot some targets with a variety of guns. And then cap off the day watching John Bones Jones defend his UFC title!

Who is Macho enough? Or who has some knowledge of places to shoot?

I have read that the Cleveland NF shooting area is closed until further notice. I know people regularly shoot out at Ocotillo Wells.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD App

I may join you depending on my kid's soccer game. What are you planning on shooting? I don't have much .223/5.56. Just enough to ward of some crazy folks if Lil Kim starts WW3.

You can shoot at the end of Split Mountain Road. Just pass the entrance to Fish Creek, hang a left at the rail road tracks and go down about 2 miles. Shoot on the south side of the tracks.

You can shoot at the end of Split Mountain Road. Just pass the entrance to Fish Creek, hang a left at the rail road tracks and go down about 2 miles. Shoot on the south side of the tracks.

Yeah, that was the Ocotillo Wells area I was referring to.

I have a spot in Ranchita that we frequent. Closer than dropping into Anza-Borrego and its on BLM. Off Old Mine Rd.

I have nothing useful to add, but had to comment on the number of misspelled words and gramatical errors on the BLM website pages. :frown:

Carry on.

Would love to get out on the trail. I think it's been 5 months since my last trip :crybaby:

Maybe somewhere close to home. I need to figure out a few suspension issues before a trip later in the year. Let me check the schedule.

OK, so I have been searching my Clevland National Forest Atlas and the web to find some NEW to ME scenic trails that I have never taken and something cooler than the desert for this late in the season.

So has anyone done Eagle Peak and Boulder Creek Road?

Maybe even North Coyote Canyon Trail? I have never done that one.

Any other SD County day trip trails suitable for a Stock LX 450 locked with MT tires?

I don't think Eagle Creek and Boulder Creek are vehicle accessible, but I have not been to either so I can't say for sure.

Upper CC is a good distance from San Diego, close to the town of Anza, but is a nice drive. If you are going up there, might as well head up Santa Rosa Truck Trail, which is close by.

I don't know of any SD trails that a locked 80 couldn't handle. Maybe some sections of trails, but there is almost always a bypass.

I'm not sure if I can make it yet, but maybe an afternoon run up Otay Mtn or Carveacre. Close to home and very scenic.

I would be down to do Carveacre and then head out to Corral Canyon and you can bail if you have tested your rig out enough.

I have only been out to Corral Canyon once and that were I messed up and caught a rocker on Sidewinder, but that was before my lift. What is a another trail suited for my unlocked Cruiser and a stock locked cruiser out at the OHV?

I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend. I have some work to do on the car and this weekend will be my only chance.

Haven't done much at Corral Canyon except Sidewinder and the front half of Bronco Peak, both are doable with a mildly built 80 and a good driver if you don't mind the possibility of pinstripping and some scrapes on the underside. Stay away from the Bronco Peak connector unless you like body damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom