Builds SAS 89 Mini--Triple cased Mashed Potato (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My to do list:
  1. Purchase new cap/rotor and wires
  2. bolt down motor mounts to frame
  3. install last tranny bolt in top of tranny
  4. starter install
  5. fan clutch / belts
  6. alternator
  7. oil/oi filter
  8. radiator/hoses
  9. coolant
  10. power steering pump and hoses for hydro
  11. battery
  12. check engine/ECU grounds
  13. Cross fingers and Prey to God.

Last edited:
Looks great Ted, I like the color

ITS ALIVE!! Not gonna attach a stupid video of truck running but it does run. Now, only have about 3 months of prep work to get done with absolutely no time to do it.

ugghhhhh, still chasing a small coolant leak on backside of motor. Have pulled plenum 2x and the intake once already and I aint doing it again. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

No bueno.

At this point I doubt I'll get on the road tomorrow night as expected either.

No bueno.

At this point I doubt I'll get on the road tomorrow night as expected either.

any idea of your backup plan?

my vagina hurts a little and I'm sick to death of pulling the top of this motor off to chase a small leak. Thinking I'm gonna run it as is and just carry a little coolant with me and then worry about it after GSMTR. If it becomes an issue I'll either deal with it up there or park it and ride bitch for the week.

Dennis is rolling through ATL Sunday evening so he should be there sometime Sunday night too, claims to have a couple buddies with capable rigs coming too. Assuming I can get all my sh!t done on time I'll convoy up with him but not sure that will happen, if not then will head up Monday morning sometime.

I told Jynx I had 5 gal of gas and a match in another thread and headed back in that direction. :cry:

any idea of your backup plan?

my vagina hurts a little and I'm sick to death of pulling the top of this motor off to chase a small leak. Thinking I'm gonna run it as is and just carry a little coolant with me and then worry about it after GSMTR. If it becomes an issue I'll either deal with it up there or park it and ride bitch for the week.

Dennis is rolling through ATL Sunday evening so he should be there sometime Sunday night too, claims to have a couple buddies with capable rigs coming too. Assuming I can get all my sh!t done on time I'll convoy up with him but not sure that will happen, if not then will head up Monday morning sometime.

I told Jynx I had 5 gal of gas and a match in another thread and headed back in that direction. :cry:
No backup plan. Just gonna keep working til I'm ready to go. I don't really want to drive through downtown Dallas traffic, even on the weekend, so departure Saturday night is now what I'm hoping for. Still hope to arrive to camp NLT Sunday night, but knowing nobody else will be there early Sunday makes that not a big deal either. Gotta be on the trail Monday though!

Any updates from GSMTR

How's the tater doing these days?

Short version, replacement motor allocated and nearly installed. I wrestled with all day Saturday trying to mate it to the tranny with no luck. Ill be back at it this Saturday and hopefully have a running rig. After that moab prep will be full on tilt.

welp, 3 weeks to delivery for Moab and guess I oughta start a to do list--

Round 1
  1. install motor
  2. make motor run
  3. seal all leaks in said motor
  4. pull out motor and cuss profusely

Round 2

1. re-install another motor
  2. make motor run
  3. seal all leaks from said motor
  4. fix hydro steering
  5. fix clutch
  6. build round drive shaft and install
  7. have faith no s*** is gonna fall apart

Round 3

1. break down beadlocks and so they hold air for Roger. Update - 3 good, 4th won't hold air for more than 2 days, gud nuff...:flipoff2:
  2. give up on faith part and poor a drink, or two.
  3. quit sweating the details and wing it...
  4. buy another bottle of bourbon and figure out how to get to Colorado instead :smokin:

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Might want to rethink number 2 in round 3. Never leave out the power of prayer and always put it first my brother. Now comes the hard part, you actually have to pray for it to work.

I don’t know Rocky. Sounds like he might have to sell his soul to Satan to make it through the trip. :devil:

#5 ride with that kraaazy **** HENDOG!
Ask him about pre running the blindfold race course@ Golden Mountain GSMTR.

Might want to rethink number 2 in round 3. Never leave out the power of prayer and always put it first my brother. Now comes the hard part, you actually have to pray for it to work.

pray for me brothers, pray!

#5 ride with that kraaazy f*** HENDOG!
Ask him about pre running the blindfold race course@ Golden Mountain GSMTR.

been there done that. Once was good nuff for me, thanks! :eek:

in all actuality it aint that bad, jus tryin to set expectations low so that if I live up(?) to them you wont be surprised.

Truth is motor seems to be running well short a small coolant leak that i hope to have rectified in the next week or two. For the last few years I've had an ever worsening clutch which I finally fixed last night and now have the best clutch I've ever had.

Only problem is I'm short of confidence in my motor install/repair skills and simply dont have time to test it like it should. Gauges dont work so I have to assume oil pressure is good and coolant temp is satisfactory. Beyond that everything else seems to be in good working order.

alright, school me on tons. I've done bent y 2nd front axle housing and tired of replacing so current thought process is 14 bolt rear and D60 front.

About the only thing I think "I know" is that a stock 1-ton axle should hold up better than my current Toy axles with chromo and 6 shooters.

looking for types of rigs I need to be looking for to pull axles out of. Pull a apart not too far away so willing to grunt a little to save a few bucks. Seems these things are suddenly dipped in gold once the hit the classifieds section

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom