SAS#7 Ouray, CO 7/31-8/4/2023 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$47 after all said and done online. I’m not great either but half the battle is knowing what to tie and where to throw. You all ready!?!
If you have a lead on what to tie, I'll dig through my box o' supplies and see if I have what we need to whip some flies out. I'll also rig up a lifepo4 battery pack with some leads we can dangle in the water in case all else fails ;)

Great to see KC represented this year at SAS! This started out as a laid back event but continues to grow each year. My brother Jim, he son McGuire and a group from Texas started this event. First year we had maybe 20 trucks. It has grown fast and now is limited to 75 trucks. Saw here several are wait listed and/or looking for places to camp. There is another large camp site in Ouray where SAS 1 and 2 were held. Typically the groups travel through Ouray on the way to the trails so easy to pick up those staying in town.

Every morning the groups depart KOA for the trails between 9 and 10am. They try to organize the groups into 8 to 10 rigs each day spreading out on different trails. Not sure if Black Bear will be open? I know this group will want to hit "The Wall" on Poughkeepsie!

Plenty to do other than trails. There are several in the group who bring their fly rods, mountain bikes and hiking gear for a change of pace. I'm towing a dual sport bike this year to mix it up. I would get chastised for towing the bike on advrider.com:). Keep saying I'm going to do the hot springs in Ouray but have missed every year.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about the event. You can do your last minute grocery shopping at the Super Walmart in Montrose 30 miles prior to arriving Ouray. Looking forward to seeing Tornado Alley leading the charge at SAS!

If you have a lead on what to tie, I'll dig through my box o' supplies and see if I have what we need to whip some flies out. I'll also rig up a lifepo4 battery pack with some leads we can dangle in the water in case all else fails ;)
Calling @bhardy78 who is never on mud…. He lol send him a text and see what he’s thinking.

Great to see KC represented this year at SAS! This started out as a laid back event but continues to grow each year. My brother Jim, he son McGuire and a group from Texas started this event. First year we had maybe 20 trucks. It has grown fast and now is limited to 75 trucks. Saw here several are wait listed and/or looking for places to camp. There is another large camp site in Ouray where SAS 1 and 2 were held. Typically the groups travel through Ouray on the way to the trails so easy to pick up those staying in town.

Every morning the groups depart KOA for the trails between 9 and 10am. They try to organize the groups into 8 to 10 rigs each day spreading out on different trails. Not sure if Black Bear will be open? I know this group will want to hit "The Wall" on Poughkeepsie!

Plenty to do other than trails. There are several in the group who bring their fly rods, mountain bikes and hiking gear for a change of pace. I'm towing a dual sport bike this year to mix it up. I would get chastised for towing the bike on advrider.com:). Keep saying I'm going to do the hot springs in Ouray but have missed every year.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about the event. You can do your last minute grocery shopping at the Super Walmart in Montrose 30 miles prior to arriving Ouray. Looking forward to seeing Tornado Alley leading the charge at SAS!
Thanks for the info and background, Will.

@CrowleyFJ40 there’s a fly shop right up the way.

IMG_9552.jpeg

It’s pretty damn cool to be apart of this. Pics are from Tuesday and Wednesday with various folks. Ophir, Imogene, Hurricane and Corkscrew pass or summits. If they don’t load it’s because cell coverage

IMG_8249.jpeg

IMG_8236.jpeg

IMG_8064.jpeg

IMG_8057.jpeg

This trip was my favorite of all time. I can’t tell you how many people came up complementing our club and wishing they could be part of TAC. The weather, scenery and people were unmatched.

Thanks to @cjmoon & @tornadoalleycruiser for keeping the old 40’s going. @2fpower for leading the trails, educational talks about the area and wheeling for our first timers. @kc_chevota for the meals, coffee & great camp site. @CrowleyFJ40 @rockstate45 thanks for helping my boy out there and the rest of us!

This group is rad as they come. Very thankful to have TAC.

IMG_9727.jpeg

IMG_2036.jpeg

IMG_9876.jpeg

IMG_9897.jpeg

IMG_2111.jpeg

Who is setting up a google drive for photos? they would need the email addresses of everyone. Glen? Kelly?

It was an absolute pleasure to run into you guys and camp next to several of you. @Flatlanderfj40 and the crew next to us made me nostalgic for my years living in Kansas. @2fpower and @tornadoalleycruiser, great to finally shake hands and meet in person.

Look forward to bumping into you all next year…

IMG_2207.jpeg

If my piggy bank or should I say troopy bank recovers from being "retired" I will let you know.

If my piggy bank or should I say troopy bank recovers from being "retired" I will let you know.
You've got free food and beer anytime you're in Phoenix with all the help you've given us on dad's Pig. You're welcome here regardless of your Troopy interest.

@Honger i will possibly be down there this fall or next spring picking up or dropping off my parents Honda CRV. I don't like the snowbirds driving back on their own. Way easier to toss them on a plane than worry about them driving that far. Thanks again for putting up with our rowdy crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom