Santiago Peak run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great time! We had 17, yes 17, let me repeat that, 17 trucks!!!!!

Nice LITTLE run Jonathan! Thanks for putting this together and leading the train!
Only minor carnage. BigDave lost his upper front left shock mount. Quick removal of the shock in a shady area thank god and we were rolling.

My few crappy iphone pics. #1 - Beautiful Orange County looking north/northwest. #2 - All the towers! #3 - the massive group.

Santiago 1.JPG

Santiago 3.JPG

Santiago 4.JPG

Last edited:
It was fun, thanks for putting it together. Where are we going next Saturday?

as always, good seeing those of you I know, and being able to put some faces to screen names I didn't know....!

As I was airing up today, I guy stopped next to me in a white 80 and told me he had just bought it today and was driving it home when he saw us and all the 80's. He asked if we were a club. He was familiar with this website (although I'm not sure he has a screen name here), so I told him to look up SoCal80's and specifically this thread....... It was a white 96, 130-something miles, no roof rack, and a magic dial. Hopefully he'll see this, check in & introduce himself, and hop on our next sojourn.........

Ahh I saw you chatting with him, what's with all the white 80s? I'm a bit jealous.

Wait... what? 80s came in other colors?? Who knew?

Seriously tho, thanks for an awesome run. Enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to do it again soon.

It was great meeting more 80 people. Had a great time. Looking forward to more SoCal runs

Wait... what? 80s came in other colors?? Who knew?

Seriously tho, thanks for an awesome run. Enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to do it again soon.

Ha! we had about 8 white ones today? I couldn't find one with lockers when I was looking.

Bob, check out this pic I got of our truck.

20140816_114455_zps8xmloncj.jpg

Thank you all for making this happen! My family and I had a wonderful time and hope to do it again soon! :bounce: :bounce2:

Sorry for being a little late. I under estimated the time it takes to get everyone ready and out the door. :(

Here are a couple of pics that I took.

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

I need to refill both of my Sceptre water cans :flipoff2:

Do you have Scepter or LCI? I was going to bring one of mine (LCI) for you, but it was leaking all over the roof when I was strapping it down, so I said screw it and left it home. Glad you made it without too much trouble.

I brought my two Sceptres. I knew I was going to have overheating issues but I wasn't going to bow out. As long as I kept my eye on temps and kept the radiator wet I would be fine. Glad we went.

Good times!!!! Great meeting up with all of you and meeting some of you guys for the first time.

I have to admit. This was really my first time getting the truck out there in a good trail. Didn't know what to expect. I thought the truck took a good beating.

Mo. That 4Run handled the terrain like a champ!!!! GNARLY!!!

Looking forward to our next run.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great pics everyone! Joey - glad the two of you made it w/o too much serioius overheating!

Bob - great meeting someone from the Lone Star state! Glad you could join us on this simple little trail!

It was a great run! Nice meeting all you guys.
Fyi to clean up all that dust in the interior swiffer dusters make quick work of it. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom