Santa Fe in late March (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

My wife and I will be visiting friends over a long weekend in late March—wish I could drive one of our cruisers out.

Any suggestions on things to do in the area beyond what google will tell me?

Best opportunities for light trails or dirt roads with good views?

I’m really posting to ask about Jeep or other 4x4 rentals in Albuquerque or between SF and Alb?

thanks in advance

Thank you for bringing your $$ to our impoverished third world state!
You may be able to rent a 4wd SUV like Jeep Liberty if you fly into Albuquerque. Generally they have them around here for skiers. That would take you into most areas on Santa Fe Nat'l Forest and parts of the Carson NF.
Depending on how our snow season is, though, some or a lot of the forests may still be in snow in late march.
@mesa man may be a good point of contact for both conditions and where to go

The forest roads on Tetilla peak mesa come to mind, lots of trails to explore and close to Fanta Se, great place to watch the sunset! Also petroglyphs in La cienegilla right near the turn off to county road 56c heading to the mesa. Go to the National forest headquarters office on n. hwy.14 by the S.F. Brewing company (another good spot) and ask for the free "Motor vehicle use map"west side, it will be handy. The weather is usually beautiful that time of year. Hopefully I'll be backpackin in Utah then. Shoot me a message when your in town.

Gabriel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom