Santa came early this year.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, this 84 just got dropped off. Now I can begin and the repair work. First off, I paid 1100 which I think is fair and it has 2.5 lift. Bald tires, white primer that needs to be painted since it's trashed and a new inside since I hate what they did. All and all I feel it's fair.

Question 1. Rust Bullet, Por 15 or just line x. Which would you do the frame with. More and more I am thinking about Rust bullet. Don't care how it looks, this is not going to be show truck. Just want to restor and have fun.

Second, the inside is getting gutted, if I don't fgind any used parts, who is the source for interior parts?

Next, the part the pisses me off, got the key, started it, moved it around and now thw key is stuck.....I can't get it out...is this common?

So what now haha...anyway, let me know what you guys think...

Oh yea, I can email photo's, don't have a way to post them on a hosting service so can anyone help out. Dumb about this stuff.

are you pushing the black key release button on top of the steering column when trying to get it out? just a thought. my sister couldn't figure that out. as far as interior, i would keep my eyes open on the classified ads. you'll probably get a better deal that way than if you buy from sor or maf. you could also put in more comfortable seats if you aren't concerned with keeping it bone stock. do a search about swapping seats as it has been done here a few times. good luck.

I've had better (smoother) results w/Rust Bullet. I tend to end up with little surface inperfections with I've used POR 15. Could just be improper prep though.

I don't think you want linex or similar on the frame. They're not designed to bond and prevent rust like the above two products.

On the interior...
You can fit any seats in there, if you are clever about fabbing brackets. Rebuilding the existing seats can also do wonders though. Lots of posts on seats. (Common mod.)

If you want to ditch the carpet, linex or similar makes sense as a nice looking, and durable floor.

On the door panels, these can be recovered. If the backing is broken, a new one is easy to make. I've heard of linex on the cargo panels, to match the floor.

BTW - welcome!

...and we need pics...

Hey, great advice. I was thinking of herculining the floor (did it to a jeep and I was happy with it. Line x would be to much money. And putting it onto the cargo panels, sucha a good idea. Thanks.

Pics required if ya do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom