Sanity Check Please - LX Wheel/Tire question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I've got a '13 LX with 20" OEM wheels and had been looking to trade down to 18s with 285/60-18 KO2s. In my search for 18" rims, I came across a set of used 17" Rock Warriors for a reasonable price. I've seen that plenty of folks here run them on LCs with 285/70/R17 KO2s without any rubbing, but had not seen it confirmed on an LX.

Can anyone speak to the fitment of this combo (spare included)?

Much thanks!

Darren

You had me at ".....Rock Warriors at a reasonable price". Have you bought them yet ;)

I love it when a new guy shows up with an LX not realizing that we can fit monster tires easier than the LC guys!

Go for it. you can easily fit 275/70/18s with minimal plastic trimming...

OK, wrt wheel size, I live in northern VT and have always been under the impression that the smaller your wheel diameter, the better your snow traction. This was one of the reasons I was looking to downsize the wheel, beyond just having more rummer and less wheel. Winter is basically already here, and will be through April.

That being said, I've never been running A/T tires on a beast of a truck like this in the past, it's been more of a 19" summer performance tire and 17" winter tire situation.

To be honest, I like the looks of the 20" OEM wheels it came with, but I felt they would not be practical over the long term with VT winters. Am I wrong?

I'm on the cusp of spending somewhere between $1200 - $2500 depending, so feedback is greatly appreciated.

Snap them up, and if you don't please let me know where they are. :)

They fit great on the 200 (and even better on my Tundra Rock Warrior).

Also, I have a set of five '18 TRD Pro Tundra rims if you want to go in that direction.

Save your 20" for summer in case you decide to go back in that direction.

Will do Charlie! If I don't grab them later today, I'll pass the contact info on to you & will likely take those TRD Pro rims too.

Thanks!

I love it when a new guy shows up with an LX not realizing that we can fit monster tires easier than the LC guys!

Go for it. you can easily fit 275/70/18s with minimal plastic trimming...

Thoughts on the original question about 285/70 fitting? I'm currently in the market to dump the Michelins (same rims as you) and jump into some Toyos.

Thoughts on the original question about 285/70 fitting? I'm currently in the market to dump the Michelins (same rims as you) and jump into some Toyos.

Cake at 33.0" overall diameter. Drop them in and done.

For the OP, as another option. IMO, the best part of the 200-series is the ability do anything at anytime, without changing a thing. Including swapping wheels and tires. Add solid AT tires that include snow and winter talents, and that become a reality. The 200-series is a full size SUV. Even on 20s, leaves pretty good sidewall. Particularly if you upsize the tire.

My slightly aggressive recommendation - Toyo AT3 LT295/55R20
A still great but more conservative option with better NVH - Michelin A/T2 LT285/55R20s.

I ran LX 20" OEM rims for over 8 years on my 2008 year round with no issues. I had 285/55/20 KO2 that I ran on the Dempster Highway with no issues. I found the KO2 ok in the winter for the first 2 seasons and not good after that, and switched to 285/50/20 Nokian Hakkapeliitta winters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom