Sanity check my thought process (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 91 HDJ-81, so it has rear discs, but they're unique.

I plan to add 93+ rear discs, which means new parking brake pads and new backing plates to go with the new rotors and pads.
To do this i'm going to have to take the hub apart.

So while I am in there I might as well rebuild the rear hubs, change the diff fluid and since its that far apart and I want a Lokka in the rear that too.

So the through process is, do it all at the same time, while its all apart.
Does this make sense or am I over thinking it?

I always try to plan to do things that require removal of the same parts at the same time. Sometimes it means I wait longer to gather all the stuff but I'd rather only go in once and not have to replace seals etc over and over. If you can afford to purchase all the parts at once, and have your cruiser down for a little longer, its the way I would go.

I always try to plan to do things that require removal of the same parts at the same time. Sometimes it means I wait longer to gather all the stuff but I'd rather only go in once and not have to replace seals etc over and over. If you can afford to purchase all the parts at once, and have your cruiser down for a little longer, its the way I would go.

I don't think it'd be longer. I can do the install of both in a day. I rebuilt both front knuckles in a day.

Im a big fan of "while im in there"

Check your axle against the donor axle you are planning to get the parts from. IIRC, the early 80s weren't fitted with full floating axles. The rear backing plates for those are NLA; you can still get the front ones, though. I have no info on the series I 80s. Maybe someone else here can get us up to speed on those.

Check your axle against the donor axle you are planning to get the parts from. IIRC, the early 80s weren't fitted with full floating axles. The rear backing plates for those are NLA; you can still get the front ones, though. I have no info on the series I 80s. Maybe someone else here can get us up to speed on those.

The disc brakes and full floaters came at the same time I thought. So the backing plates should be the same. Correct they are nla.

I already did the front brakes and just tossed the backing plates in the trash.

JDM VS US spec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom