For Sale Sanibel Island Florida. 1980 FJ40 Original Hardtop with Ambulance Doors and Driver/Passenger Doors Very Good Condition SOLD AS SET ONLY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are $2500 doors and hard top sides worth after actual detailed pics are posted?

$1250 :lol:

Can we just agree that this thread should probably be discontinued…. My guess is it’s a South American import and probably a scam especially at those prices. Did I see the seller join Monday.

To continue arguing for an insane price but what he thinks is fair after being educated on what is reasonable is just more cause to shut it down.

I bought 2 front doors and 2ambulance doors in better condition for $1100 about 8 months ago from Paul in Texas. Did I think it was a fair deal, yes, based on my extensive research. I did track where Paul had originally got the doors, so I was completely aware of the small profit he made prior

The hardtop is probably worth 800 with the sides as they normally go for max around 200 each and a top in this condition is about 600.

Therefore if the question of fair value, I can say it's in the 1800 to 2200 range. I think tops would be $2500 for a person in emergency need.

My 2 pesos worth of feedback

Thanks
Ernie

Can we just agree that this thread should probably be discontinued…. My guess is it’s a South American import and probably a scam especially at those prices. Did I see the seller join Monday.

To continue arguing for an insane price but what he thinks is fair after being educated on what is reasonable is just more cause to shut it down.
Lol. You thinking that someone’s thread should be shut down because their price is too high is more outrageous than him asking 8k for that stuff.

I think it's good to let new people to the forum know what NOT to pay for stuff! Ha!

those doors are FAR from perfect, were you to blast those for repair and repaint (which they need) that bottom edge will be Swiss cheese(it already is, its just hiding under bubbles). I'm sure the rust is even worse on the inner edge and is just hidden under the weatherstrip. those doors will never under any circumstances bring 7k. with very very few exceptions, provenance on a car part means diddly squat in terms of value and sentimental value does not equate monetary value. good luck with your sale, but prepare yourself for disappointment.
Disappointed isn’t an emotion for me brotherlove !
Thank you nonetheless, Not sure when all will see/understand I am just like you !!
I fixed the doors 🤪 Let’s talk !

995D6C06-8EE0-41DA-9CBC-7E9B7F6B6F26.jpeg

6AF31F1B-DABB-405C-AE14-170AFB88ED86.jpeg

Is anyone nearby so they can go look and let everyone know what they are worth?

All of you bashing this guy for his price.

Who cares it's his price! I called people out on their crazy asking prices and they get all bent out of start reporting me for it. I think @woody should come clean this thread up.

Just let this man be and if he wants 20 k for a door handle then so be it.

All of you bashing this guy for his price.

Who cares it's his price! I called people out on their crazy asking prices and they get all bent out of start reporting me for it. I think @woody should come clean this thread up.

Just let this man be and if he wants 20 k for a door handle then so be it.
Here is someone that completely gets it. Car forums can sometimes be stupid.

My feedback was simple.

The seller indicated he was open to feedback on his pricing, as quoted from is post:

"I am open to a FAIR price and being educated on what is a fair price"

As a member for 5+ years and builder and acquirer of parts and entire vehicles for 3 FJ40s, 1 FJ55 and FJ62, I have purchased combined parts and vehicles probably over 50k, but more likely closer to 100k as the addiction has taken over.

I provided feedback and justification based on my recent purchases on the majority of the parts in his post to help educate him on the current market valuation. He can choose to keep his prices as its his product.

Said my peace.
GLWS

imho way too much time spent on all this….
Exactly - It would be on page 6 by now and counting if everyone let the silence of the Mud market speak for itself on the price

Definitely not a scam and please understand I am not arguing that my asking price is correct or what I will take. I understand that people on this forum feel the top and four doors are worth $2500 Without seeing them .
like I have stated repeatedly, come look and let’s talk.
I do appreciate all the feedback

Definitely not a scam and please understand I am not arguing that my asking price is correct or what I will take. I understand that people on this forum feel the top and four doors are worth $2500 Without seeing them .
like I have stated repeatedly, come look and let’s talk.
I do appreciate all the feedback
PM sent to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom