Sandy60 gets a 1HZ and H55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Mudder Brudders and Sisters,
I'm late in posting but better late than never I suppose.
80324972-A17B-41DB-98D0-BC5241A4C32A.jpeg
372AE825-8A14-4FD3-8412-96BC274295CA_1_201_a.jpeg
A5BB19F7-12CD-4E71-B383-3A4A2CCBCDAD.jpeg
900106BF-E8E9-40E6-A891-9DEFF9E48699.jpeg
9864CFB2-C0ED-4F31-8123-B8BA13F1706B.jpeg

So obviously poorly documented but started with 84 fj60 I picked up a little over a year ago to tick off a bucket list dream from 20+ years ago. I started July 23, 2020 buy pulling 2F out and 1HZ first in to tack mounts from Georg then out again, tranny and transfer case cleaned up and resealed, new clutch then back in to stay I hope. Post more soon and I'll add some questions. Cheers!

Hi Mudder Brudders and Sisters,
I'm late in posting but better late than never I suppose.View attachment 2484849View attachment 2484862View attachment 2484863View attachment 2484868View attachment 2484869
Kind of curious I've done a lot of engine changes in my time but never put in a custom engine no. If the motor mounts don't line up what do you do? Do you cut off the existing motor mounts and then bolted up to the engine. Smooth off the cut and then allowed to slide on to the frame and then mig weld the frame and the motor mount together?

Kind of curious I've done a lot of engine changes in my time but never put in a custom engine no. If the motor mounts don't line up what do you do? Do you cut off the existing motor mounts and then bolted up to the engine. Smooth off the cut and then allowed to slide on to the frame and then mig weld the frame and the motor mount together?
Fortunately others here have perfected the method and for this motor frame combo Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton has mounts prefabbed for you to buy. cutoff and grind then attach new mounts to engine and weld in referencing off tranny crossmember for front to back positioning.

Couple progress pics of adding water pipe for heater return. After some research learned that the soft plug gets tapped out and hole cleaned up then tap in fitting and go. Heater supply is similar on left side behind fuel injection pump. I believe the smaller pipe I plugged is for turbo which I'm not doing at this point.

One of my next issues to tackle is swapping 60 pedal for 62 pedal and drilling firewall for cable throttle routing.........
Any pics or links anyone has would be much appreciated!

Sorry so long between posts but new granddaughter and life win out over projecting lately. Now off to elk hunt for a week!;):santa:

Also anyone with source for plug to fill oval hole in firewall from old throttle linkage would be appreciated too, I'm having a hell of a time finding one and don't want to resort to duct tape.

If you can find a piece of double grooved gasket material you can cut it to length and glue the ends together. Then make a metal plate to put in the middle and pop it in place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom