SOLD San Jose, ca - 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Tons of repairs with receipts including recent carb rebuild, egr, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, temp sending unit, valve adjustment among others. Truck has old man emu shocks and springs, had a top end rebuild and my mechanic confirms compression is good. Drives straight and is surprising easy to drive on long stretches. Ac doesn’t work, missing driver side visor, rear right window crank handle missing, cracks on dashboard, dashboard dead panel missing, paint is faded. No body rust. This truck shows it’s patina - keep it as is or restore! I am selling because I have a fj40 that I need to focus on. No lowball offers.

Price $14800

Details - Interior

Interior door panels are in good condition with no tears, stains or rips; rear left window crank is missing. Rear tailgate carpet panel is missing. Headliner is in good condition - a few scuff marks are noticed that can be removed with a steam cleaner. Glass in good condition with small chips on windshield expected from a vehicle this age. Moldings are in ok condition and intact. Dashboard has several vertical cracks with the center blank panel missing. An aftermarket CD/FM player with speakers is operable along with an HVAC system. AC doesn't work and I was told it needs to be pressurized. All controls and gauges work. The front seats have been reupholstered with an aftermarket fabric. Driver side sun visor is missing. Rear hatch shocks are weak - a replacement set will come with the truck. Seat belts are in good shape all around.

Details - Exterior

Paint is faded with a few areas peeling from the last paint job according to the previous owner in mid 2000s. Detail shops noted claybar, polish and wax will benefit but won't bring back to 100% as the clearcoat is missing. Small rust spots on door edges, roof edges which can be qualified as superficial due to exposed metal. Undercarriage is rust free, so are the underside of rear tailgate and quarter panels, rockers, frame and under doors. Rocker trims are missing with aftermarket sliders installed. Chrome is in OK condition with front bumper painted matt silver - not the best paint job but prevents the bumper from rust due to pitting. Taillight lenses are new (non-OEM). No accidents as per records and previous owner, panels are straight and dry. Hood has visible pitting from rocks but no rust. Roof has several spots of exposed metal that have superficial rust.

Details - Mechanical

Starts with a few tries when cold as expected on a carbureted 2F and warms up nicely. Choke operates as expected. Newer battery and alternator installed. New water pump, radiator, temp sending unit, fuel pump, valve gasket, valve adjustment. EGR vacuum lines were corrected, carb rebuilt and transmission, engine oil and coolant changed. Wetness noticeable around the transfer case and rear main seal along with oil pan gasket - no visible drips observed. Front knuckles have a bit of build-up but are not critical at this stage, the gaskets are holding up but eventually it will need to be repacked. Tires are newer coopers that are decent on the road. Truck stops, steers and handles very well - it is remarkably comfortable as I have owned several FJ62s and also a FJ40. Can we attributed to OME shocks and springs. Newer exhaust system and catalytic converter installed by PO. The headlight washer fluid reservoir is cracked. Engine doesn't burn any oil nor smoke. Truck doesn't overheat, nor does it hesitate to shift or grind. Shifting and steering is easy and effortless. I have not rested the transfer case to 4H/4L and hub operation recently as it hasn't been off road but it operated when I purchased the truck.
The truck was strictly a freeway cruiser for the PO and I have used it in the same manner in my limited ownership so it hasn't seen any off road trails. Along with some parts listed, truck will come with service manuals, spare keys, receipts, a 2" hitch and first aid kit from the 1980!
Thank you.

3F4D67D4-7FE2-49A8-A401-FB53FD216DE2.jpeg

4372C178-2101-4928-9CCF-35680AB60F27.jpeg

83FE8213-C7C9-4E93-B929-6EBCB003EFF9.jpeg

AD3AA1BB-DC56-4FA3-898B-81FC6DAFD5E8.jpeg

BAC5A10E-607B-4B53-9928-21003D5F9DB4.jpeg

Tons of repairs with receipts including recent carb rebuild, egr, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, temp sending unit, valve adjustment among others. Truck has old man emu shocks and springs, had a top end rebuild and my mechanic confirms compression is good. Drives straight and is surprising easy to drive on long stretches. Ac doesn’t work, missing driver side visor, rear right window crank handle missing, cracks on dashboard, dashboard dead panel missing, paint is faded. No body rust. This truck shows it’s patina - keep it as is or restore! I am selling because I have a fj40 that I need to focus on. No lowball offers.

Price $14800

Details - Interior

Interior door panels are in good condition with no tears, stains or rips; rear left window crank is missing. Rear tailgate carpet panel is missing. Headliner is in good condition - a few scuff marks are noticed that can be removed with a steam cleaner. Glass in good condition with small chips on windshield expected from a vehicle this age. Moldings are in ok condition and intact. Dashboard has several vertical cracks with the center blank panel missing. An aftermarket CD/FM player with speakers is operable along with an HVAC system. AC doesn't work and I was told it needs to be pressurized. All controls and gauges work. The front seats have been reupholstered with an aftermarket fabric. Driver side sun visor is missing. Rear hatch shocks are weak - a replacement set will come with the truck. Seat belts are in good shape all around.

Details - Exterior

Paint is faded with a few areas peeling from the last paint job according to the previous owner in mid 2000s. Detail shops noted claybar, polish and wax will benefit but won't bring back to 100% as the clearcoat is missing. Small rust spots on door edges, roof edges which can be qualified as superficial due to exposed metal. Undercarriage is rust free, so are the underside of rear tailgate and quarter panels, rockers, frame and under doors. Rocker trims are missing with aftermarket sliders installed. Chrome is in OK condition with front bumper painted matt silver - not the best paint job but prevents the bumper from rust due to pitting. Taillight lenses are new (non-OEM). No accidents as per records and previous owner, panels are straight and dry. Hood has visible pitting from rocks but no rust. Roof has several spots of exposed metal that have superficial rust.

Details - Mechanical

Starts with a few tries when cold as expected on a carbureted 2F and warms up nicely. Choke operates as expected. Newer battery and alternator installed. New water pump, radiator, temp sending unit, fuel pump, valve gasket, valve adjustment. EGR vacuum lines were corrected, carb rebuilt and transmission, engine oil and coolant changed. Wetness noticeable around the transfer case and rear main seal along with oil pan gasket - no visible drips observed. Front knuckles have a bit of build-up but are not critical at this stage, the gaskets are holding up but eventually it will need to be repacked. Tires are newer coopers that are decent on the road. Truck stops, steers and handles very well - it is remarkably comfortable as I have owned several FJ62s and also a FJ40. Can we attributed to OME shocks and springs. Newer exhaust system and catalytic converter installed by PO. The headlight washer fluid reservoir is cracked. Engine doesn't burn any oil nor smoke. Truck doesn't overheat, nor does it hesitate to shift or grind. Shifting and steering is easy and effortless. I have not rested the transfer case to 4H/4L and hub operation recently as it hasn't been off road but it operated when I purchased the truck.
The truck was strictly a freeway cruiser for the PO and I have used it in the same manner in my limited ownership so it hasn't seen any off road trails. Along with some parts listed, truck will come with service manuals, spare keys, receipts, a 2" hitch and first aid kit from the 1980!
Thank you.

View attachment 2994128

View attachment 2994129

View attachment 2994130

View attachment 2994131

View attachment 2994132

3A1D6426-2F6B-4698-8090-660978B264AE.jpeg

9860CC1A-5CFB-4ACA-B42D-F3E10CCF4F04.jpeg

CDDE6BA1-BD11-4282-8703-774092BB4740.jpeg

8B84B2DF-5BEB-41D4-8115-E751E5E8CBBE.jpeg

DFA9EE2D-2CD6-4219-9ED2-D5AA1D0C73A9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread