San Francisco Bay Area Body Shops? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My silver FJ60 is need of paint; it could also use a few door dings and dents pulled out as well. Rust isn't an issue but paint oxidation is. I live in San Jose CA and it seems as if there are body shops everywhere; how does one choose? So before hitting the pavement and personally inspecting some of these places, I've turn first to you all fine folks.

Any Bay Area Cruiserheads recommend any body/Paint shops in the greater Bay Area region of California? I'm not so much concerned with price, (though I am a bit), but I'm just looking for a shop that will do a good, thorough job. I'm not asking for anything fancy either, just a paint job back to the original silver metallic.

Any replies would be most appreciated. I've pretty much taken care of the Cruiser's mechanical issues but body/paint stuff is out of my realm and I need the help of professionals.

Any replies and or leads will be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering the going rate too for a good paint job. Seems like if they order the paint from Toyota it would be expensive.

If you change colors and want the door jams and rear tailgate area painted you will pay considerably more than sticking with the same color.

For a quality 2 stage paint job in NorCal expect to pay $3-5K with quality PPG/Dupont paint. Labor rates are expensive!

If you would be willing to drive the truck to Richmond I have a guy out there that will do it for $2500 and take out all the dents (providing they aren't excessive and need panel replacement), 2 stage quality paint job. I'm hoping to drop off my truck this week to get it redone by him.

gnx7 said:
If you would be willing to drive the truck to Richmond I have a guy out there that will do it for $2500 and take out all the dents (providing they aren't excessive and need panel replacement), 2 stage quality paint job. I'm hoping to drop off my truck this week to get it redone by him.

How do you know this guy? I might be interested in a paint job. So they sand off the paint and apply 2 coats?

Don't know much about the process I haven't had mine painted.

Could you PM with his information or post it.

Thanks

I'm not in your area but I got three quotes teh cheapest being 3500$. I have since acquired a professional gun and 60gallon compressor, practiced a bit and in a homemade pastic tent will apply 3-4 coats with clear coat to the tune of about 300$. The paint is $72 PPG from carquest. If you are willing to buff out a few ( I mean 20-30) fleck of dust for the whole truck it's totally doable. The guy who quoted me 3500 said that there still might be some imperfections becasue that price didn't include any body work such as door dings. For what it's worth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom