For Sale San Diego: FJ40- transfer case with Transdapt twin stick kit. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
My FJ40 is a 1966 model but had sbc 350 conversion when I bought it to restore.
The previous owner had original Toyota transfer case with Chevy Turbo350 tranny on it, but transfer case was shot. I bought a newer Toyota transfer case from A&B Truck and had them rebuild with new bearings for me. They also modified it with a 21 spline shaft to fit Chevy tranny. I also bought and added Tran’s Adapt’s twin stick levers which allows low or high on either 4wd or 2wd. It worked perfectly, but due to clearance issues with with further suspension mods, I only used it about 2 months for maybe 150 miles. So this transfer case is in great shape and I’ll include the twin stick system. I ended up doing further mods and now using a newer Chevy transfer case to allow a Chevy LS engine and 4L60 tranny.
I think this Toyota transfer case that I rebuilt was from a 1970 FJ40, but not absolutely sure.
I can take detailed pictures of case and splines etc for interested buyer.
UPDATE: THIS IS SOLD

I am attaching pictures below.

BTW: Mark (from Mark's OffRoad) is going to take a look at the transfercase and tell me a little more about what I have (and he's giving me an original 10 spline shaft so someone can add it back if needed).

Also have front and rear Shackles (these are the fabricated Hell for Stout brand from Cool Cruisers of Texas which provide about 2” lift).
Barely used. -pending sale

Have also Old Man Emu front stabilizer shock. Barely used -pending sale

TC bearings 2.jpg

TC Splines counted.jpg

TC1.jpg

TC6.jpg

twin stick.jpg

Last edited:
Got any pics?

Got any pics?
Still available as first buyer needed 10 spline shaft and this was modified to 21 spline.
I sent you pictures, Mark.

UPDATE; TRANSFERCASE AND TWIN SHIFT IS SOLD

Last edited:
So what did you do with the TH350 adapter?? Was it the Downey 1" thick aluminum adapter plate?? If so, did you save the TH350 tranny, which would have the Downey output shaft in it, needed to go along with the adapter?? Also, if it were the Downey adapter, it would also need the transfer-case input shaft, both of these shafts were needed to work with each other. If the adapter was anything else, I'd like to know all about it.

Last edited:
I’m interested in the shackles and stabilizer. Your mail box is full. Please PM me.

I have a 305 in old blue eyes (in my signature) and it has a turbo 400 behind it and a willys transfer case. I want to change it to a Toyota tcase… so what you have may be exactly what I need. If you haven’t sold it, consider it sold. I’m in eastern time zone in Atlanta… you give me an idea of how much it’ll be to ship and I’m 90% in. You don’t have to wait for me to figure out what I have in terms of splines because I’m not gonna be able to figure that out anytime soon… I’ll figure it out later when I have more time with my 40.

PS your inbox is full

Ok, I will take your goods, I can pick up in Downey, but I can't contact you to negotiate until Woody renews my Supporting Membership, evidently I'm maxed out on conversations.

Ok, I will take your goods, I can pick up in Downey, but I can't contact you to negotiate until Woody renews my Supporting Membership, evidently I'm maxed out on conversations.
SOLD

Thank you Jim and Thank you Mark for your help figuring this out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom